Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
used a crono for the first time today and got some crazy high scores. did i do something wrong or is there an issue with the crono? i was shooting my 2013 spyder turbo 70# with a 472 gr. FMJ and the crono kept saying 356 which i know isn't correct. i was shooting about 5 feet away from the crono. thanks for any input

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Which chrono?
Did you shoot indoors, with fluorescent lighting?
If so, do you have the lights for the chrono? Were they turned on?
Have you tried it outdoors?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Could be a bad chrono or bad lighting. Was it indoors or out? I get a solid number within 2 fps. normally.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
Some of the tuners here would pay good money for that chrono lol

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It's a ProChrony from Cabelas. I use a white foam board on top the wires and one of my model lights for lighting (indoors). If the chrony works right with consistant lighting you should get constant readings. If you don't I would send it back.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was a pro chrono model at a range today. they did have fluorescent lighting and there was some kind of white plastic bars going across the top of the rods coming from the bottom that had to be plugged into the wall. didn't know so much factored into using a chrono. being that it was at a shop i figured nothing special to it bc they use it there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a pic, my wife took like 10 pictures and not one shows the white plastic bars on the top. Lol. so what do i need to do to get an accurate reading?

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Did you hit "Delete String" before shooting? The chrono's have an internal memory that will store "x" amount of shots, then it may give off the wall false readins. I always hit "Delete String" before using to verify nothing other than my shot will appear.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i did hit both delete buttons on there because it was showing another reading and when i shot my first arrow didn't do anything so i deleted old info.

·
Bears Den Precision
3,634 Posts
Looks like the batteries might be pretty drained as well (noted the lightness of the display) if so they may give false readings.

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
Looks like the batteries might be pretty drained as well (noted the lightness of the display) if so they may give false readings.
Yep, needs a new battery hence the false readings and same number every time. The white bars at the top with wires is the infrared light kit...it is super accurate with those

·
Registered
11,666 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to stop in there tomorrow and look again I don't think the numbers were that dull think that was from camera phone pic. I didn't really pay close attention but I think that's why she took so many pics. Hopefully there will be a different guy there than today.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really want to get an accurate reading to pull average fps just got new spot hogg sight tapes in and they're much neater than my homemade one. I'll post what readings I get tomorrow and if still doing the same I'll have the shop guy see what's up with it and post what it was.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry haven't updated been really swamped at work. not sure what the problem was but was way more realistic today when i finally got a chance to go back up there. and the bow is putting out an average of 268 fps at 70 pounds. just ordered new threads today since mine are worn a bit.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
that sounds about right i just got some fmj built that wiegh 500 and my hoyt ce is 270 on the chrono.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts