Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new guy here.

I just installed a NAP QT2000 on my PSE Thunderbolt after using a WB for three years.
Have the centershot, nock point, and cable set correctly but hav'nt gotten around to papering it yet.

I would like to hear from experienced users any tips or advice about tuning this rest that may not be obvious using basic tuning methods.

Many thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
ShenValArcher said:
Hello everyone, new guy here.

I just installed a NAP QT2000 on my PSE Thunderbolt after using a WB for three years.
Have the centershot, nock point, and cable set correctly but hav'nt gotten around to papering it yet.

I would like to hear from experienced users any tips or advice about tuning this rest that may not be obvious using basic tuning methods.

Many thanks
Normaly its quite simple.
Just be sure the rest is not coming to the "full up" too early try to have it come up the last 1 1/2'' of the draw.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
drop away's

I Hoyt 3 Hoyt's with drop away's. and all I did was set up centershot by eye'n it, and then set nock level, and all three shot bullet holes right out of the gate :wink: I guess I got lucky :mg: but you want to make sure it's timed to the draw cycle, you want the arrow lifted into postition the last 1-2" of the draw. I had NAP QT 4000, and was getting some feather contact on the forks because they stuck up alitttle too much, so I ground them down to give more clearance. Don't get me wrong it's a great rest, it just didn't fit my Hoyt's correctly, I need the one that is made for Hoyt's not just everyone's bow. But as long as you have it timed, then you should be really close to being tuned, as long as your arrow is the correct spine for your set up. Good luck let us know if you have any problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts