Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice out there for a first time female hunter? I've never been hunting before and am nervous that I'm not going to make a clean kill or that I might embarass myself and not be able to take the shot or thow up while gutting. I have had a lot of advice and help from experienced male hunters. I was wondering if there are any women that could share their first time experience or have any advice?

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
The most important thing is to enjoy yourself. Take things as they come and handle situations one at a time. Everyone has made a bad shot at one point or another. Just take your time and it will all work out.

My first bow kill was a turkey, that was great and wonderful. My first and only deer with a bow was a doe. Luckily she ran and dropped within sight of my stand. Just put all of your practice to work for you and you will have an enjoyable first kill. Don't worry about anything but the shot and you will do fine from there on out.:wink:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Practice, Practice, Practice...You want the first time that animal walks by for it just to be instinct on what to do because you have pulled that bow back so many times its just second nature....And just have fun with it...If you bow hunt enough your gonna miss, but you have to be able to realize why you missed and how to fix it!!

Best of luck and keep up posted!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Definetly practice as much as possible. Try taking different shots at different angle's. Learning to guess yardage is half your battle. Plus, the more you shoot the more comfortable you will feel out hunting and less nervous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts