Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to try some IBO this year, might hit the IL state just to try the format and then maybe see if I could get to the the 1st leg of the triple in bedford. Never shot at a national event and not sure what to expect. I know you can shoot IBO in one day if you choose but what kind of time is needed to get all the targets in if shot in one day? Would trying to shoot all on a sunday be possible? I would be shooting SHC and if my son can make it he would be HC. Any insight for a first time shooter appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
You wouldn't be able to shoot all the targets on a Sunday since it's the last day of the event and scores need turned in I think by 1 pm. You would be able to shoot them all on Friday with little effort and the day would go along pretty well. Saturday is a longer day since more folks shoot that day so the crowd is bigger. Been behind some groups that it took 3 hours to shoot 10 targets not the norm but it can and will happen. Already sit on the hill at Erie for over 2 hrs just to shoot the first arrow so you can imagine how long that day was. Either way it's a good time with allot of good people involved to make it an event. Good luck..

·
Registered
804 Posts
Me and my son shot all three legs of the triple crown and we shot all forty targets on Friday at all of the shoots Erie was the worst for time we started around 8am and finished around 4:00 the other two we started around 8:00 and was done by 1:30 2:00 if you only can spend one day Friday is definitely the best choice

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Your wasting your time with the IBO. Unless you want to shoot with all your buddies and cheat.
You should do yourself a favor and try ASA or Regions.
IBO is hillbilly archery at its best IMO.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,726 Posts
Where's the ILL IBO shoot this year? I don't know how years now and I've never seen it advertised.

As for cheating, always has to be one pop off. ASA may be good, but they can clean their act up some. Been there first hand to know.....

·
Registered
461 Posts
seems a lot of people shoot IBO and ASA...so if a cheater is shooting IBO one would think it is in the ASA as well. cheaters gonna cheat, players gonna play. if YOU are not a cheater you will find good coarses good people, and plenty of competition.

i LIKE shooting a trail. a power line is ok for covering w cameras but is just not as fun for me.

i dont give much of a care where you shoot, so long as you are shooting. good luck in the coming year.

·
Bow Only
9,577 Posts
Where's the ILL IBO shoot this year? I don't know how years now and I've never seen it advertised.

As for cheating, always has to be one pop off. ASA may be good, but they can clean their act up some. Been there first hand to know.....
Rockton illinois...blackhawk field archers. Same place it was last year. All the state shoots are on The IBO site and black hawk field archers website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts