Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if it matters to anyone here or not but I got my first Robin Hood last night shooting in my yard. I've been shooting a bow for ten years and busted bunches of nocks but never got everything just right . Maybe its the fact that I was shooting my new Ultratec. No kidding. I've probably busted a dozen nocks and ruined a couple of arrows in the two weeks I've had this bow. Been shooting the tightest groups ever. Need to switch to five spots but I love packing them together. It felt even better that I did it at 30yds. My stepson was pretty impressed. Any other Robin Hood stories out there?:D

·
Registered
925 Posts
Great! It is a good feeling for the first couple, then you get a little p.o.'d after awhile when your shooting arrows that cost a buck and a half or more. I'm sure the good quality bow helped matters also. Good shooting and best of luck Yours in archery, Dave

D

·
0 Posts
CENTERPUNCHEM'...

...DUDE!!...way to go...by the sounds of it...the first of many:cool: ...

...I've got a few of them hanging on the walls of the local shops...I still remember the first one:cool: ...

...keep puttin a HOYT-N on them arrows!!...

>>>---DD--->;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
WAY COOL!!!! I just did it for the first timeThurs. afternoon.....it was sort of a good feeling and at the same time I wanted to cry because there went two Beman ICS 400's......I hope it doesn't happen again too soon. What made it sort of special for me was that I just started fletching my own arrows about a month ago, so I would say the fletching must be at least somewhat done right....they seem to be flying pretty strait...

·
Registered
450 Posts
congradulations, may you get many more

·
Registered
336 Posts
After about 18 years of bowhunting, I shot my first one this evening. It ruined only one of my Gold Tips. The one in the back was fine. Interestingly, it was only the third day that I have been able to shoot my new Cybertech. I can't wait until hunting season. Shot it at 35 yds.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
you got to love when you do that but a word of wisdom if your shooting carbons or high end alum's it get's ezpensive quick lol. i got my first last year and it's on the mantle of my fireplace and had two more and just saved the arrow i could after that. just an old poor boy here. congrats on the robin hood and keep up the good work\rob k

1 - 9 of 9 Posts