Archery Talk Forum banner

First time turkey hunting with a bow any advice??

630 9
Can anyone tell me anything to do or watch for to better my chances at harvesting an Iowa thunder chicken.

By the way will be hunting on a upland hunting preserve that also does deer and turkey hunts. No fences or anything like that just an UPLAND hunting preserve.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Get out and shoot!
3,807 Posts
Make sure to study the kill shot angles and spots to aim at for turkeys. Use a big mechanical like Rocket Hammerheads or vortex's. Turkeys seem oblivious to blinds so set your decoys 10-15yds in front of it. That's all I got for ya. Good luck!

· Registered
Hoyt Satori w/ Uukha Gobi limbs 45# @ 28"
2,777 Posts
:set1_signs009: What Hoyt Havoc said!!!

Plus, if you type in the word "turkey" in the Search this Forum" section, you'll be reading for hours. There's plenty of information within this Bowhunting and Bowhunter section. :thumb:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

· Registered
4,324 Posts
If you should bowhunt them from a blind, use one that is blacked out on the inside. Only open enough windows as needed, as not to let too much light in. Postion the blind so your shooting windows are facing away from the rising sun in the morning. And wear all black from the waist up when in the blind as to help blend in the shadow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.