Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, me and a buddy got into the blind at roughly 6am. at about 624 we heard our first gobble. with our anticipation building we couldnt wait for them to hit the ground. finally at about 7 or so the first turkeys were headed our way. according to my hearing it sounded like about 4-5 toms out of the main big flock broke off and started heading in our direction. they got to be about 40 or so yards and we still couldnt see them due to a knoll about 30 yards away from my blind. they eventually moved off and then it was a waiting game. about 30 minutes later we had gobbles RIGHT BEHIND us and it was a rush to get everything in the blind situated for the direction that they were coming in. i finally gained visual of the first bird and two more followed with a strutter in the back (all were toms) as they moved in, i told my buddy that i would let him shoot first, and right when i got done saying that all three sounded off with a thundering gobble at only 9 YARDS! it was intense to say the least. as they made their was around i told mark that when he had a clear shot, to tell me so i could stop them, when he did, i let out a coulple of soft yelps and we BOTH drew hoping for a double. Mark shot, just barely missing low on the bird, and as it was walking off, at 26 yards i let the Hoyt and Spitfires do their magic. Total measurements. BEARD:9.5" SPURS:1.5" WEIGHT:25 lbs. What a way to start the season. (pics below)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Sweet

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I think he needed another year to mature :tongue:

Congrats on the TANK bud!!

·
DefiantShooter
10,972 Posts
Very nice, great bird....:cocktail:

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Congrats

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Beauty of a bird!! Congrats

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.