Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a Vaportrail string on my Darton 3800.

For the first time ever, I have been having issues with the string. First, I installed and shot it in, without a peep or anything else save a loop, for 500 shots. When I installed a peep, it was rotating a good half turn during the draw cycle. So, I went to reinstall the loop, and low and behold the center serving is seperating on that string as well (I had to reserve the center serving on the stock strings the day before).

Had anyone else had issues with peep rotation and if so what did you, or VaporTrail, do about it. I checked the strand count on both sides of the peep and they are equal.

·
edthearcher
6,509 Posts
so i have to ask a question instead of airing dirty laundry did you call vapor trail??????
I would think this would be the best way to go instead of hurting what maybe a good record:thumbs_do

·
74,535 Posts
+2

so i have to ask a question instead of airing dirty laundry did you call vapor trail??????
I would think this would be the best way to go instead of hurting what maybe a good record:thumbs_do
All you got to do is call them. Promblem solved.

I have used these for years with Zero promblems.
DB

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
Can someone tell me how to get it to quit fraying have used string venom, bohning wax and the string keeps fraying? I love the strings though.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I put a Vaportrail string on my Darton 3800.

For the first time ever, I have been having issues with the string. First, I installed and shot it in, without a peep or anything else save a loop, for 500 shots. When I installed a peep, it was rotating a good half turn during the draw cycle. So, I went to reinstall the loop, and low and behold the center serving is seperating on that string as well (I had to reserve the center serving on the stock strings the day before).

Had anyone else had issues with peep rotation and if so what did you, or VaporTrail, do about it. I checked the strand count on both sides of the peep and they are equal.

I dont feel your problem is with Vaportrail as much as your peep is rotating. First off, always start by calling customer service. I had stock strings on my bow and had serious peep rotation. I have vaportrails and have had no problems with them. I dont 'think' youre bashing VT just frustrated so give them a call and I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you out. Let us know how it works out.

ETA: I wasn't blaming my rotation on the strings btw. Just stating that it can happen with any set.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will be calling them on break, students are testing right now. :)

And, they may have a good record, but they did send me a string that is twisting like no tomorrow, so, I guess the record needs to be accurate. Just because a company is often good, does not mean that bad issues should not be presented.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I just talked to VT about my problem and they took care of me, have to send my fraying strings in and put my stock never shot strings back on.

·
74,535 Posts
Vapor Trail

And, they may have a good record, but they did send me a string that is twisting like no tomorrow, so, I guess the record needs to be accurate. Just because a company is often good, does not mean that bad issues should not be presented.
Tell them whats happening. Give them the details and they will know how to fix it. Once my are shot in the peep dont move. I use to shoot winner choice but found these are just as good and half the price.
DB

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

Maybe, maybe not. First I am running VT strings on 4 bows and am on about my 10th set all together and have never had an issue. I have never heard of shooting 500 shots before installing the peep and loop. 20 has always worked for me with VT, no movement after that. You can make errors instaling the strings that will cause problems. First thing that comes to mind is maybe you put more or too many twists in the string and the serving loosened up or you twisted the string back the wrong way. Anyway that is why everyone said call VT. Customer service is great and most likely they will be able to figure out your issue.

·
Registered
373 Posts
We put a ton of Vt strings on bows here and think they are absolutley great and if you do have a problem I would just call them from the begining they will take care of it ASAP, great guys and gals there and great products.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The string was the perfect length when it came out of the package and required no twisting at all, same thing applied to the cables. The center serving is definetly loose, as the gaps that formed on the serving from the loop were very large.

Will be calling shortly.

Maybe, maybe not. First I am running VT strings on 4 bows and am on about my 10th set all together and have never had an issue. I have never heard of shooting 500 shots before installing the peep and loop. 20 has always worked for me with VT, no movement after that. You can make errors instaling the strings that will cause problems. First thing that comes to mind is maybe you put more or too many twists in the string and the serving loosened up or you twisted the string back the wrong way. Anyway that is why everyone said call VT. Customer service is great and most likely they will be able to figure out your issue.

·
Registered
18,420 Posts
selling hundreds of sets of there strings i can think of only two issues and they were resolved immediately,just as fast as there orders are processed.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I just talked to VT about my problem and they took care of me, have to send my fraying strings in and put my stock never shot strings back on.
Fantastic. It sucks that you have to go through that but gotta love good customer service. No company can have 100% perfect products everytime, things happen. I don't believe it will ruin their reputation at all because enough people have had wonderful experiences from them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts