Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just agreed to buy a set of firststrings from a memeber here. I got a pretty good price on them so I decided to give them a shot but I haven't really heard much about them good or bad. These are their "premium" strings. Are they any good?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
805 Posts
My local shop deals primarily with first strings. I've never had any real first hand experience with them though.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any more opinions from the night crowd?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man makes me nervous no one has any opinions on these things. If they are junk please tell me it wont hurt my feelings.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Sold several sets. Seem to hold up well and be constructed well. No complaints from my customers. They're 452 material.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OKay well that makes me feel better.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I have shot first strings for 3 years now and I have had 0/Zero/nada problems with them. Scott is a great guy to deal with and I have used his premium sets and also his X-It wire and I love them both and will only use them. I have had many friend use just the basic hunting ones and they hold up just as good and are still amazing. My friend and I had tried a lot of string companies on AT and also just local people here in Wisconsin. (Nothing against anyone or a single company.) I just prefer First string. I have a 2010 Contender Elite that I put a set on the day I got it and tuned it up and I haven't touched them since other then fine tuning my DL. They stay set and don't move and I like to think that I shoot a lot. (Thats a year and a half ago) Serving is always tight and ordering time is awesome.

I'd like to note for any other companies, that I have nothing against them, but I just prefer First string.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I have 2 sets:

Premium customs on my hunting bow and a set of X-it Wires on my Target bow.
I can say that I have been 100% satisfied with both sets.

Mitch

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well alrighty then all I need now is the AT member to PM me back with payment info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts