Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you store your tools, wraps, vanes, feathers, glue and all your other supplies? I'm thinking a good fishing tackle box would be great. Anyone use one for this purpose? Anything better out there before I hit Wally World today?

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Another option, a bit pricier, is an artists box. Check out an art supply store and you can find cases with all kinds of compartments in varying sizes. I use a briefcase sized one wooden case as a portable fly tying box when I go on trips. The thing I like best about it is the variety of compartment sizes...alot of what I need is bigger than a Rapala.

·
7,984 Posts
Look for the Stanley roll around toolbox at walmart, it has an open bottom box for bigger items, and a detachable top box for other things. You can carry the whole thing or just the top half. Just a thought, but you ought to check it out. It's black and yellow, if that'll help you find it easier.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fasst said:
Look for the Stanley roll around toolbox at walmart, it has an open bottom box for bigger items, and a detachable top box for other things. You can carry the whole thing or just the top half. Just a thought, but you ought to check it out. It's black and yellow, if that'll help you find it easier.
How big is this thing (Stanley roll around)? I want something I can put all my extras in and I need a compartment for Scent Away spray can and other items too big for a quote "Rapala". I'll gander at it today and check it out. Thanks!

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PA Dave said:
Another option, a bit pricier, is an artists box. Check out an art supply store and you can find cases with all kinds of compartments in varying sizes. I use a briefcase sized one wooden case as a portable fly tying box when I go on trips. The thing I like best about it is the variety of compartment sizes...alot of what I need is bigger than a Rapala.
Being an artist, I should have one of those things but all I have for traveling is a French easel. I use a fishing tackle box for tubes of paint and brushes etc. Thanks for the advice and I'll go thru a few catalogs I have here on art supplies and check them out.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I use my old bass tackle box for it. has worked well for years now

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hoyt3 said:
I use my old bass tackle box for it. has worked well for years now
I'm thinking along those lines too. A good one is small enough to take with you and the right one will hold your spray cans and larger objects. Need my wife to find one at a garage sale this morning. She finds everything else at them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Rem,,,I ve used them for yrs,,,work great,,the only thing I can tell you is
start out with the biggest one you can carry,,seems that no matter how big they are, it still isnt big enough,,I was thinking about going to one on wheels,,so you can pull it behind my truck,,,LOL LOL

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Here' what I have been using for years. It's about the biggest that Plano makes and when I take it to the range, it is like having a pro shop in a box. Whatever goes wrong with anyone's bow, I can usually fix the problem on the spot. I can fletch it, string it, nock it, adjust it, press it, cut it, and on and on. When I work with the 4H kids, I often spend the whole evening adjusting draw lengths, replacing strings, fletching arrows, installing accesories, etc. Without my pro shop in a box, I would in big trouble.

Automan

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
automan26 said:
Here' what I have been using for years. It's about the biggest that Plano makes and when I take it to the range, it is like having a pro shop in a box. Whatever goes wrong with anyone's bow, I can usually fix the problem on the spot. I can fletch it, string it, nock it, adjust it, press it, cut it, and on and on. When I work with the 4H kids, I often spend the whole evening adjusting draw lengths, replacing strings, fletching arrows, installing accesories, etc. Without my pro shop in a box, I would in big trouble.

Automan
I like that. I will look for size not quality! Well, maybe both!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Rembrant

If you can find one of these, you will be impressed with both the quality and price. I have lugged it around and beat the crap out of it for years and it is still in the same condition as it was when I bought it. It is unbelievable how much junk you can cram into this puppy and it is still mobile enough to carry around.

Automan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ive always just used a regular plano tackle box, but i need to get something a little bigger. They make archery boxes, but the one i had was really small so i had to get something bigger.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
automan26 said:
If you can find one of these, you will be impressed with both the quality and price. I have lugged it around and beat the crap out of it for years and it is still in the same condition as it was when I bought it. It is unbelievable how much junk you can cram into this puppy and it is still mobile enough to carry around.

Automan
I am convinced and I like it. I'll look for something similar. No end to the wants but I've got to organize my bow stuff before she comes down on me and I hate laying things around and losing them.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
automan26 said:
For what it's worth, there is one on ebay right now for about $5. I'll attempt to post the link.

http://search.ebay.com/plano_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

If this link does not work, go to ebay and search under Plano and you should find it.

Automan
I looked, but I'm not sure which one you are refering to. Is it the black one? How about a number?

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I saw one on there that I liked but the shipping was $20.00. I think not!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
It is about the 6th from the bottom of the page. It is called "Large Plano Tackle Box with Accessories. It is brown with a white top. I have seen this same box in the stores that is a different color than mine or the one in the picture, but it should be the same box.

Automan

1 - 20 of 37 Posts