Archery Talk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
250!!! :eek:
Do you know where the complete results will be published on the web?

>>>-------->

Recurve women

Sung Hyun Park.....................1405 Korea

Total: 1

>>>-------->

Compound women

Jammie Van Natta...................1412 USA
Gladys Willems........................1411 Belgium
Erika Anschutz........................1408 USA
Amandine Bouillot....................1404 France
Mary Hamm............................1401 USA
Sofia Goncharova....................1401 Russia

Total: 6

>>>-------->

Compound men

Roger Hoyle............................1414 USA
Dave Cousins..........................1413 USA
Dietmar Trillus.........................1412 Canada
Morten Boe............................1412 Norway
Martin Dsambo........................1411 Denmark
Peter Elzinga..........................1410 Nederland
Clint Freeman.........................1410 Australia
Liam Grimwood........................1409 UK
Dejan Sitar.............................1407 Slovenia
Patrizio Hofer..........................1407 Switzerland
Sebastien Brasseur..................1407 France
Jesse Broadwater....................1407 USA
Chris White............................1405 UK
Reo Wilde..............................1404 USA
Braden Gellenthien...................1404 USA
Pat Coghlan............................1404 Australia
Tim Gillingham.........................1403 USA
Roberval Dos Santos................1403 Brasil
Erik P. Nielsen.........................1402 Denmark
Tibor Ondrik............................1402 Hungary
Antonio Tosco.........................1402 Italy
Dominique Genet......................1402 France
Rodger Willett Jr......................1402 USA
Stefano Mazzi.........................1401 Italy
Kevin Tataryn.........................1401 Canada
Renato Lara............................1400 El Salvador
Robert Abstreiter.....................1400 Germany
Ed Wilson..............................1400 Canada

Total: 28

>>>-------->

By countries
USA: 10
France, Canada: 3
Italy, Australia, Denmark, UK: 2
Norway, Netherland, Belgium, Russia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Brazil, Hungary, El Salvador, Korea, Germany: 1

And using the 7 continents model
Europe: 16
North America: 14
South America: 1
Oceania: 2
Asia: 2
Africa: 0
Antarctica: any archer there? :D

Total: 35

>>>-------->

*** I miss someone? ***
*** Someone in the list has a better 1400? ***

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
I think the world record was in his hands, with [email protected], not a very rare score these days.
I'm sure 1414 will be improved soon.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i read recently in the australian archery-forum that clint freeman has a 1418 score in their ongoing qualifying tournaments for their 2009 WAC national teams but am not sure if that meets the criteria to make this list....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Sorry for the late reply... The article did say it was one, but I can't find a second source. However, the German shooting federation's hp lists it as a national record, so that should be good enough ;)
http://www.schuetzenbund.de/sport/rekorde/Rekorde/2008-08-1/Compound_Frauen-Maenner.pdf
Thanks! I guess it was valid, however, not always national records are valid for WR, f.e. some indoor RM records by Frangilli, the impressive [email protected] shot by Clint Freeman (1418!) and Kevin Tataryn few weeks ago (1414!), and others.
In Spain some extra rules are mandatory for WR and/or FITA awards, f.e. 64 shooters (outdoor) and 32 shooters (indoor), 3 national judges, 3 months (I think) anticipated request for a FITA event...

i read recently in the australian archery-forum that clint freeman has a 1418 score in their ongoing qualifying tournaments for their 2009 WAC national teams but am not sure if that meets the criteria to make this list....
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=6746846#post6746846
;)

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
>>>-------->

Recurve women

Sung Hyun Park.....................1405 Korea

Total: 1

>>>-------->

Compound women

Jammie Van Natta...................1412 USA
Gladys Willems........................1411 Belgium
Erika Anschutz........................1408 USA
Amandine Bouillot....................1404 France
Mary Hamm............................1401 USA
Sofia Goncharova....................1401 Russia

Total: 6

>>>-------->

Compound men

Roger Hoyle............................1414 USA
Dave Cousins..........................1413 USA
Dietmar Trillus.........................1412 Canada
Morten Boe............................1412 Norway
Martin Dsambo........................1411 Denmark
Peter Elzinga..........................1410 Nederland
Clint Freeman.........................1410 Australia
Liam Grimwood........................1409 UK
Dejan Sitar.............................1407 Slovenia
Patrizio Hofer..........................1407 Switzerland
Sebastien Brasseur..................1407 France
Jesse Broadwater....................1407 USA
Chris White............................1405 UK
Nico Benade...........................1405 South Africa
Reo Wilde..............................1404 USA
Braden Gellenthien...................1404 USA
Pat Coghlan............................1404 Australia
Tim Gillingham.........................1403 USA
Roberval Dos Santos................1403 Brasil
Erik P. Nielsen.........................1402 Denmark
Tibor Ondrik............................1402 Hungary
Antonio Tosco.........................1402 Italy
Dominique Genet......................1402 France
Rodger Willett Jr......................1402 USA
Stefano Mazzi.........................1401 Italy
Kevin Tataryn.........................1401 Canada
Renato Lara............................1400 El Salvador
Robert Abstreiter.....................1400 Germany
Ed Wilson..............................1400 Canada

Total: 29

>>>-------->

By countries
USA: 10
France, Canada: 3
Italy, Australia, Denmark, UK: 2
Norway, Netherland, Belgium, Russia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Brazil, Hungary, El Salvador, Korea, Germany, South Africa: 1

And using the 7 continents model
Europe: 16
North America: 14
South America: 1
Oceania: 2
Asia: 2
Africa: 1
Antarctica: any archer there?

Total: 36

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i count only 1(korea) from asia.....unless russia is considered in asia??....PS..just did a quick google search and got conflicting results like...."it is IN asia but not PART of asia".....and "part of it is in europe and part in asia"....so who knows???

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Russia is belong to Europe.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
i count only 1(korea) from asia.....unless russia is considered in asia??....PS..just did a quick google search and got conflicting results like...."it is IN asia but not PART of asia".....and "part of it is in europe and part in asia"....so who knows???
The majority of Russia is in asia, but Russia participates in all European competitions, at least the popular ones (soccer, basketball, and many many others), so it's their choice.

But that's not the worst case - I think Turkey has even less percentage of their territory in Europe (or about the same as Russia), but Israel for example isn't even bordering with Europe and they take part in all European competitions, even in music competitions as an European country.... So I guess it only takes for a country to be near some continent and they could opt in to take part in that region's happenings...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Congrats Nico, great shooting! :thumbs_up

Thanks for the info and for the update, Folkers.

And welcome to AT :D

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congrats Nico, great shooting! :thumbs_up

Thanks for the info and for the update, Folkers.

And welcome to AT :D

No problem and thank you!

Here is the story and a pic! :teeth:

The date is 11/01/09, its also the day the first ever 1400 was shot in the whole of Africa. The day before brought terrible weather with blinding heat at first and then buckets of rain later on. The event was eventually cancelled due to dangerous situations caused by lightening.
Today was perfect and Nico Benade took full advantage of the situation.
I asked Nico what his final score was after shooting 90M, he said “340”. I thought to myself that he had a good chance for a 1400 today but I knew better and just kept it to myself. Its FITA you know… but then again I also thought that it’s Nico you know! It can be done!
After 70M he had a 352! Wow, then it started whispers all around about the days possibilities. Not anyone dare to say anything about a 1400. ( Not when Nico was around at least, but everybody was talking about it)
50M 354! A new South African record, and then I thought to myself, oh my word he’s gonna do it!
At this time it got more quiet, but everybody was for Nico in their silence.
30M he shot a solid 359 with the last 3 arrows all in the 10, which shows his persistence and ability. Those last three arrows might have been the hardest for him.
Here is to Nico with his 1405 shooting his Mathews Apex 7 and Zero Bow Strings!!

Final score 1405!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
The majority of Russia is in asia, but Russia participates in all European competitions, at least the popular ones (soccer, basketball, and many many others), so it's their choice.

But that's not the worst case - I think Turkey has even less percentage of their territory in Europe (or about the same as Russia), but Israel for example isn't even bordering with Europe and they take part in all European competitions, even in music competitions as an European country.... So I guess it only takes for a country to be near some continent and they could opt in to take part in that region's happenings...
EMAU is the archery organization taking care of these countries and the name means European and Mediterraneum Archery Association. This explains more why Israel, Lebanon and Turkey are taking part to EMAU European (& Mediterraneum) Championships. Then, when we go to Algeria, Egypt, Libya and Morocco, whyle being Mediterranean countries, they belong to the African Archery organization, and things become again a little confusing...

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
EMAU is the archery organization taking care of these countries and the name means European and Mediterraneum Archery Association. This explains more why Israel, Lebanon and Turkey are taking part to EMAU European (& Mediterraneum) Championships. Then, when we go to Algeria, Egypt, Libya and Morocco, whyle being Mediterranean countries, they belong to the African Archery organization, and things become again a little confusing...
Yeah but UEFA or other pure European associations don't include Mediterraneum in their names :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have been to the FITA site and it has a special section about this (last update 21 may 2008).
To make it easy for you all, here are the links:
Recurve:

Compound:

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have been to the FITA site and it has a special section about this (last update 21 may 2008).
To make it easy for you all, here are the links:
Recurve:

Compound:

Hope this helps!
Those lists aren't extensive though - there are a few British archers missing from there!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Those lists aren't extensive though - there are a few British archers missing from there!
yeah, well....there the official lists, so they could be lagging behind or the score sheets not entered. I was amazed that some names where not on it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
VinZ,
Grantwomak is right this list is certaintly not extensive. I know for sure (I am her coach) that the best canadian recurve women who shot is first 1300 in a FITA 1440 at 70 meters in 2002 at 15 years old and since shot every year at least one 1300+ (excep in 2004 wich was a 70m round format year) is not on the FITA list. :confused: In 2008 she shot 4 times over 1300 (1301, 1305, 1330, 1336) out of 5 FITA 1440, all registered at FITA.

So be very carefull with FITA list.

121 - 140 of 365 Posts