Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a questions about fita and Joad age groups. Only thing I can find on Fita is from 2012 for age groups . Which states ages 12-14 are cub division but when you go to USA Archery it specifically list through age 12 calendar year being listed as a Bowmen. Did this recently change in fita or are they separate ?

·
Just Another Archer
553 Posts
Ok so I have a questions about fita and Joad age groups. Only thing I can find on Fita is from 2012 for age groups . Which states ages 12-14 are cub division but when you go to USA Archery it specifically list through age 12 calendar year being listed as a Bowmen. Did this recently change in fita or are they separate ?
FITA / World Archery doesn't officially recognize any age groups younger than Cadet, which includes up to the calendar year of a person's 17th birthday.
https://worldarchery.org/Rules
Book 2, Chapter 4, item 4.2

USA Archery recognizes Bowman (10-12) and Cub (13-14). Some other organizations recognize Yeoman (8-9).

The Texas Archery Association has a really good age calculator and notes to use as a reference:
https://www.texasarchery.org/learn/division-calculator

These haven't changed in a while. In fact, I think the age groups are now older than both World Archery's and USA Archery's organization names are...

-T

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Don't know if this gets at your question completely, but ...

World Archery rule book section 4.2:

4.2. CLASSES
4.2.1. World Archery recognises the following classes:
Cadet Women;
Cadet Men;
Junior Women;
Junior Men;
Women;
Men;
Master Women;
Master Men;
For Para-Archery, see 21.
4.2.2. Separate events for Cadet and Junior Women, Cadet and Junior Men, Master Women and Men can be organised in the disciplines of Target and Field Archery.
4.2.2.1. At each competition an athlete can compete in one class only. This applies to all classes for which he is eligible.
4.2.3. An athlete may participate in a Cadet Class in tournaments when the competition takes place up to and in the year of his 17th birthday.
4.2.4. An athlete may participate in a Junior Class in tournaments when the competition takes place up to and in the year of his 20th birthday.
4.2.5. An athlete may participate in a Master Class in tournaments when the competition takes place in the year of his 50th birthday and thereafter.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for confirming. I thought I was going crazy

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I really wish they would eliminate the junior division, and have only three youth divisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts