Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for your recommendations and is there a size limit. My son and I shoot 50# Ultratecs with 27" draw. We shot a local league last winter and used x7 2512's at 31" to get a reasonable spine.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yes there is a siz limit. 9.3 mm is the largest allowablr diameter. This equates to a 2315 or less. 2317 is too large. For your draw length and poundage, I would look at either 2312's or 2314's.

·
Archery Coach
23,316 Posts
another really good choice (especially if you are shooting the 5 spot or 3 spot targets) are the GT series 22 or some of the other all carbon "fat shafts" (make sure you get the FITA Legal ones)

I note that several of the last world indoor championships in recurve have been won with "outdoor" arrows. Frangilli with ACE's one year, Peterson and Di Buo with X10's

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
according to TAP the GT series 22's will be hard to spine for my short draw length. What about CT Hippo XP's, or something similar? Do you use PDP speed points to get the proper spine? How well does carbon hold up to repeated heating to remove the tips?

·
Archery Coach
23,316 Posts
they don't hold up well to that stuff. I understand your point-for indoors just leave them long-I saw former World champ and Vegas winner Angela Moscarelli shooting full length 2613 out of her 42 pound 25" hoyt compound

·
Registered
644 Posts
You can use pdp points or flitemates and run a special wrench though the nock end to change the weights and adjust for spine. Or just leave' em long and load them up heavy! The wrench is like a big long allen wrench( can probably make one), but each manufacturer uses a different size and thread for thier add on point weights. I'm going to giv ethe GT x cutters a chance and see how they work. I'm planning on setting them up with 140 grain tip + 40 more in add on weight and see if they group well. I'm not sure if they are FITA legal or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts