Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was just wondering if anyone was for sure about this new rule that i've been hearing

basically team members have to wear the same thing, like for the top its understandable since its the team uniform but ive been hearing that the bottoms have to be the same design too. so its like if one person wears shorts everyone has to wear shorts and from what i read in the FITA hand book it says the same design too. so does that mean everyone has to start buying the same bottoms, because that would kind of suck. However the hand book also says in Team Match Play you have to be "identical" whatever Team Match Play actually means though...

does anyone know more info about this?

thanx

·
Banned
664 Posts
so i was just wondering if anyone was for sure about this new rule that i've been hearing

basically team members have to wear the same thing, like for the top its understandable since its the team uniform but ive been hearing that the bottoms have to be the same design too. so its like if one person wears shorts everyone has to wear shorts and from what i read in the FITA hand book it says the same design too. so does that mean everyone has to start buying the same bottoms, because that would kind of suck. However the hand book also says in Team Match Play you have to be "identical" whatever Team Match Play actually means though...

does anyone know more info about this?

thanx
That's actually not a NEW rule, just one we don't enforce for most shoots here in the US because it technically only applies to major FITA events (World Champs, etc)... although the College divsion busted some people last year. But, yes, USA Archery follows FITA dresscode... so... in theory everything (down to the shorts, shoes, and hats) has to completely match.

They are cracking down at the world level.

Team match play means the team rounds.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nah..

My club's general conduct is:
We all wear team shirts (name may be embroidered on sleeve, female vs. male style) and khaki or navy blue pants/skirt/shorts (NOT JEANS). Everyone turns out generally looking like we belong together. For Nat'ls, we're asked to make sure our clothing meets guidelines, especially concerning what counts as pants vs. jeans/curdoroys.

·
Registered
571 Posts
As far as I know, target archery is considered a "white" sport, meaning proper attire is either identical team uniform or white polo style shirt with white slacks (or skirts for the ladies), similar to tennis. Khakis are allowed, and in Germany they will allow athletic warm-up pants.

They are starting to crack down over here, too. Last year we wore team/club shirts and black jeans. This year we were told to conform to the dress code (no jeans, no matter what color) or be disqualified.

I can understand the reasons for a dress code. They don't want people showing up dressed like slobs because that might make a bad impression on those not familiar with archery. It's supposed to make it look and feel a bit more professional than a typical weekend 3D shoot.

·
FITA/TRAD/PARA SuperMod
3,528 Posts
For the record I am a fan of dress codes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts