Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned the hard way while turkey hunting that I could not see my pins inside a blind. I am considering the Custom-Made Light Bracket for Spot-Hogg Sights made by Fitz Fiber. Do any of you use this? Comments/suggestions before I drop the cash.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The bracket works great, the 4 position light sucks. The first 3 positions are unusable anyway so just buy a simple light with 3/8 x 36 threads.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Smokegrub said:
Please recommend a light (manufacturer/seller) that you have found does the job well.
I have/had the bracket. I sold them. The light doesn't do anything for my fibers. But I don't really need them either. But the only light I have seen that really works great with any fibers is the LP Light.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Noise?

I was interested in this light bracket too but was a little concerned about noise. Anyone have a problem with noise once the light bracket was mounted on the sight ring?

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
aboyer said:
I was interested in this light bracket too but was a little concerned about noise. Anyone have a problem with noise once the light bracket was mounted on the sight ring?

No noise. It is just like it isn't there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brown Hornet:

I looked up some information on the light and it was very expensive. I really don't want to put that much money into a light for hunting. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I have the light, bracket and a lense cover on mine. Indoors I'd agree on needing the brightest setting only, but outside during daylight I don't need it on at all, and right at last light I find the brightest setting too much. You almost can't see beyond it, so one of the other settings works. Mine was flickering sometimes, so I changed the batteries and so far so good. It's a PSE light so perhaps one of their others would also work.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I have the bracket and four position light and while I haven't sat in a tree with it yet I think it's a good combo. I also use the sunshade, more for protection of the back of the pins than anything. I tried the light at dusk the other night and found I liked the dimmest setting best. My pins are bright enough on their own pretty late and when it's too dark for the pins I want just a little glow from the light, otherwise I can't see past it very well.

I have tried the extended fibre mod on my Hogg-It and have taken the extended fibres off. I still prefer the Fitz fibres over the standard ones from Spot Hogg but only use it in a standard length. The extended fibres made the pin too bright for my taste in most conditions. Great for very low light, but overly bright the rest of the time. I don't like my pin to be too bright, just a little "glow". Helps my concentration on the "spot".

The other reason I went back to a standard length was that no matter how I tried to protect the extended fibres with tubing, they were a little too vulnerable to damage for my taste. Any little movement over time added up to the fibre breaking right where it came out of the pin. I even tried splitting the tubing and sliding it over the pin and "clamping" it with the shade. I didn't think I could trust myself not to break them navigating around the woods in the dark. One branch and...

If you have the money, I think the LP light is the way to go. Of course then I would worry about snagging the wires... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Smokegrub said:
Brown Hornet:

I looked up some information on the light and it was very expensive. I really don't want to put that much money into a light for hunting. Any other suggestions?

Nope. There is no other light as far as I am concerned. The others just don't do squat for the Fitz Fibers. To be honest with you depending on what color fibers you use you may not really need a light. Blind or not.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I need the light for my blinds......few of the stages work for me depending on how dark outside the blind...

I also need it for night hog hunting.....lowest will probably get it done..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts