Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the Spot-Hogg Right-On sight and I'm going to do the modification with the longer fibers.I know the procedure through searching older treads.And I even took the fibers off an old Trophy Ridge sight to practice,its pretty easy.

My question is,are the Fitz fibers the way to go?I wanted to see what you guys thought before I order some.If I get the Fitz I'm Going to order the LD version and make them about 10" long.Does that sound about right?Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Here is a pic of the modification I'm thinking about,aternating Green/Orange,Pretty Cool........
933hogsight-med.jpg

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Based on all the positive comments here, I had no problems choosing Fitz fiber. My order should arive in just a few days. I can't wait to try it out.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
I am rigging some fitz fibers up now, just waiting on one more pin to come in....I got 4 made up and put one on to see how it did and it looks great

Looking at that pic above I would recommend the smaller tubing for each fiber...then go into the bigger tubing...that way you have protection for the fiber right off the pin

With that pic above you are just waiting for one of those fibers to get snapped before it gets to the tubing...

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
You certainly won't have any regrets. The fibers are very bright and durable. I recommend ordering the protective tubing that they sell also. I have Fitz Fiber on all my sights/scopes.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Doc said:
You certainly won't have any regrets. The fibers are very bright and durable. I recommend ordering the protective tubing that they sell also. I have Fitz Fiber on all my sights/scopes.

Some very good advice above. I should have ordered the small diameter clear tubing when I ordered my Fitz fibers. I can't find anything smaller than 1/4" diameter anywhere.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I ordered the fitz fibers with both the larger tubing and the smaller tubing. It all works great, bright pins way past legal hunting time. But, the fibers break where the platic tube meets the pin. Tried lots of things to strengthen that area. Too much messing around so I took them off. In my oppinion, this is not a good system for a hunting bow.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
FitzFiber is one of the best, if not the best, purchase that I have made for my hunting bow. Greta fibers and super bright. It made my Spott Hogg HoggIt even better!:wink:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I just ordered mine

about 5 minutes ago. It should be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to get it on my HoggIt and My new Ross 334. From the feedback, those whitetails in PA and NY better be on the lookout, cause with my equipment, I should have no excuse for missing.:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts