Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Spot-Hogg Right-On sight and I'm going to do the modification with the longer fibers.I know the procedure through searching older treads.And I even took the fibers off an old Trophy Ridge sight to practice,its pretty easy.

My question is,are the Fitz fibers the way to go?I wanted to see what you guys thought before I order some.If I get the Fitz I'm Going to order the LD version and make them about 10" long.Does that sound about right?Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Here is a pic of the modification I'm thinking about,aternating Green/Orange,Pretty Cool........
933hogsight-med.jpg

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I was really impressed with the Fitz Fiber on my Sword sight. The stuff is very bright and easy to work with. They also have very quick shipping.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Fitz

I believe the optimal is 8" of fiber according to their website, I could be mistaken, I modified my Spot Hogg Hogg It w/extension and it is awesome. add the light at night and they glow!

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Hix said:
I believe the optimal is 8" of fiber according to their website, I could be mistaken, I modified my Spot Hogg Hogg It w/extension and it is awesome. add the light at night and they glow!

From their web site......

SD Acrylic fiber provides the greatest light transmission over lengths less than about 6 inches (ie. Short Distance). This makes it an ideal replacement fiber for standard pins, which are generally 2-3 inches long. It is very flexible, and very bright. Using it at substantially longer lengths will result in lower light transmission and a dimmer dot. Roll your cursor over the picture below for a view of the front of the sight.

LD Acrylic fiber provides better and better light transmission the longer it gets, with excellent light transmission between 6 and 60 inches (ie. Long Distance). This makes it an ideal extended fiber, or replacement fiber for those of you shooting some of the Cobra or HHA sights. It remains bright even in near dark conditions, such as near dawn or dusk, or inside a blind.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks BH

I did not feel like going to the website. All I know is that they are flexible and light up nice!!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I recently bought some Fitz fibers and I was quite impressed with them.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
i used them on my cobra sidewinder.

i used all 39" for each pin

they are so way brighter than the stock fiber and 1ft longer

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be using the LD fibers.They claim they get brighter the longer they are.I've heard guys talk about them actually being too bright but out of the Double Bull they should be just right.

Thanks for the feedback guys...............

Brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts