Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see Dietmar Trillus is using them. Any info on them?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
They are a Korean stabilizer company. We use to make the doinkers for them but no longer do. It's a great looking stabilizer but not very stiff. The owner came over to my booth in vegas and tested the stiffness on our testing unit and I can say it wasnt very stiff but if you are not going to stack a bunch of weight out on the end it would work.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are a Korean stabilizer company. We use to make the doinkers for them but no longer do. It's a great looking stabilizer but not very stiff. The owner came over to my booth in vegas and tested the stiffness on our testing unit and I can say it wasnt very stiff but if you are not going to stack a bunch of weight out on the end it would work.
Actually I was planning on stacking a bunch of weight out front and on the side bar, so I guess I'll keep looking.

B-Stinger is over-priced. Nothing makes a front bar worth over $200.

Can I buy a single side-bar from Doinker instead of a set? I've heard otherwise and that makes it just as expensive as a B-Stinger with a single side rod.

·
Lowered expectations
17,090 Posts
Check out the company's website and do a Google search for opinions from people who have actually tried them before dismissing them based on information from one person who hasn't personally used one. I haven't shot them or even looked at them closely either but I can tell you Dietmar does stack a fair bit of weight on the ends and it seems to work for him. And they're apparently a lot cheaper than some other brands.

http://www.soma-archery.com/

http://www.archery-interchange.net/forum/recurve-bow-discussion-q/25670-fivics-cex5-stabilizers.html

·
Registered
353 Posts
Actually I was planning on stacking a bunch of weight out front and on the side bar, so I guess I'll keep looking.

Can I buy a single side-bar from Doinker instead of a set? I've heard otherwise and that makes it just as expensive as a B-Stinger with a single side rod.
Gotta agree with you there, I'm not paying over $200 for just one rod from B-Stinger. I do LOVE their XL Premier weights though; You can stack a bunch in a pretty small space.

What happened to me was this: I was shooting one day and my Doinker Quadra Flex just plain disintegrated where it screws into the bow ( I haven't contact them to see if they'll replace it yet, but I'm sure they will take a look at it). Anyway, I needed something quick and got the new Easton X-10 system. They are quite a bit cheaper than the B-stinger and cheaper than my previous Doinkers. Plus they were readily available and the B-Stinger was not.

I did not like the weights with this system though because when you stack a bunch of weight on, the length becomes extreme. My 10" side rod became 13 or 14 inches with 4 weights screwed on and it kept hitting me in the arm after the shot. The rod themselves are great though. Well, I was going to change out the entire system yet again with Bernie's Control Freak setup, but got the idea to try and adapt my beloved Premier XL weights to the X-10 bar. Others on here have pointed me to a step thread adapter that Lancaster has for about 6 bucks that made it possible for me to screw in B-Stingers 5/16" weights onto the Easton 1/4" threads.

I'm now happy as a clam, and as a side benefit, these Easton X-10 rods are much thinner than the B-Stinger and shooting in the wind doesn't move me around as much, and I haven't spent $400 for the B-Stinger set up either. As a matter of fact, I believe it's the marvelous B-Stinger weights that really make the difference in that product and why people are swearing that it's the next best thing to sliced bread. I don't believe the actual carbon rod is that much different than any other carbon rod.

Don't get me wrong, the weights aren't cheap either! but you can probably adapt them to whatever existing rod that you have and save a lot of money.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

The Fatty side bar is sold by itself, the set of Avancees can be split. basically take the price for the set...split that in half, then add 10% and that will get you the price...close anyway. You can buy direct but it might cost you a little more or just ask your local pro-shop to order it for you and you have your choice of Black or Silver hardware. Hope this helps out a little. Have a great day and Doink on!!!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Gotta agree with you there, I'm not paying over $200 for just one rod from B-Stinger. I do LOVE their XL Premier weights though; You can stack a bunch in a pretty small space.

What happened to me was this: I was shooting one day and my Doinker Quadra Flex just plain disintegrated where it screws into the bow ( I haven't contact them to see if they'll replace it yet, but I'm sure they will take a look at it). Anyway, I needed something quick and got the new Easton X-10 system. They are quite a bit cheaper than the B-stinger and cheaper than my previous Doinkers. Plus they were readily available and the B-Stinger was not.

I did not like the weights with this system though because when you stack a bunch of weight on, the length becomes extreme. My 10" side rod became 13 or 14 inches with 4 weights screwed on and it kept hitting me in the arm after the shot. The rod themselves are great though. Well, I was going to change out the entire system yet again with Bernie's Control Freak setup, but got the idea to try and adapt my beloved Premier XL weights to the X-10 bar. Others on here have pointed me to a step thread adapter that Lancaster has for about 6 bucks that made it possible for me to screw in B-Stingers 5/16" weights onto the Easton 1/4" threads.

I'm now happy as a clam, and as a side benefit, these Easton X-10 rods are much thinner than the B-Stinger and shooting in the wind doesn't move me around as much, and I haven't spent $400 for the B-Stinger set up either. As a matter of fact, I believe it's the marvelous B-Stinger weights that really make the difference in that product and why people are swearing that it's the next best thing to sliced bread. I don't believe the actual carbon rod is that much different than any other carbon rod.

Don't get me wrong, the weights aren't cheap either! but you can probably adapt them to whatever existing rod that you have and save a lot of money.
Yes we will replace that broken Qudra-Flex, just call us up at the factory and we will issue you and RA# then just send it back and we will fix or replace it and ship it back out to you. The problem you had is no longer an issue. With that being said Easton makes a great product as well. It is my job to try everything out there in the world that is available and many companies are making great stuff now. Factory # 661-948-7900 again I am sorry for the busted stab!

VP Leven Ind. Inc "Doinker"

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Fatty side bar is sold by itself, the set of Avancees can be split. basically take the price for the set...split that in half, then add 10% and that will get you the price...close anyway. You can buy direct but it might cost you a little more or just ask your local pro-shop to order it for you and you have your choice of Black or Silver hardware. Hope this helps out a little. Have a great day and Doink on!!!
Thanks for the information, I may go with that option.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I was thinking the same thing with the B-stinger weights and an Easton X10 stabilizer but wasn't sure if it was going to work. Thanks and I'll definately look into this.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yes we will replace that broken Qudra-Flex, just call us up at the factory and we will issue you and RA# then just send it back and we will fix or replace it and ship it back out to you. The problem you had is no longer an issue. With that being said Easton makes a great product as well. It is my job to try everything out there in the world that is available and many companies are making great stuff now. Factory # 661-948-7900 again I am sorry for the busted stab!

VP Leven Ind. Inc "Doinker"
Thanks Robin Hall for the great response! I'll give you folks a call since I can still use your Quadra Flex system on my FITA recurve rig. That'll work out great!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I was thinking the same thing with the B-stinger weights and an Easton X10 stabilizer but wasn't sure if it was going to work. Thanks and I'll definately look into this.
Hey Jared Les,

I just took a look at Lancaster and the part number for the stepped thread adapter is part number 2920128 and is listed under "Stabilizer weights". It converts 1/4 X 20 threads (Easton) to 5/16 X 24 threads (B-Stinger). They are listed at $5.99.

I will tell you that the 1/4" allen screw in my side rod unscrewed with no problem which allowed me to screw in the adapter straight away. The front rod however seemed to be glued in (probably to prevent unscrewing by vibration) and I didn't want to take a chance on damaging the rod trying to break it free. In this case, I simply took one Easton weight, unscrewed the allen that came with it so that it was basically an Easton weight that is threaded all the way through. Beware that this screw was glued in too, but since it's stainless, I just gripped it with channel locks to get a good grip and was able to remove the screw from the weight. This converted the threads from male to female. I then screwed in the stepped thread adapter and viola! I could use it for the B-Stingers. So basically, I have one Easton weight followed by the rest B-Stinger weights on my front rod. Good enough for me!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Les.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Jared Les,

I just took a look at Lancaster and the part number for the stepped thread adapter is part number 2920128 and is listed under "Stabilizer weights". It converts 1/4 X 20 threads (Easton) to 5/16 X 24 threads (B-Stinger). They are listed at $5.99.

I will tell you that the 1/4" allen screw in my side rod unscrewed with no problem which allowed me to screw in the adapter straight away. The front rod however seemed to be glued in (probably to prevent unscrewing by vibration) and I didn't want to take a chance on damaging the rod trying to break it free. In this case, I simply took one Easton weight, unscrewed the allen that came with it so that it was basically an Easton weight that is threaded all the way through. Beware that this screw was glued in too, but since it's stainless, I just gripped it with channel locks to get a good grip and was able to remove the screw from the weight. This converted the threads from male to female. I then screwed in the stepped thread adapter and viola! I could use it for the B-Stingers. So basically, I have one Easton weight followed by the rest B-Stinger weights on my front rod. Good enough for me!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Les.
Thanks a bunch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts