Archery Talk Forum banner

Fixed blade BH for high speed

1682 Views 26 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Caligater
Taking a poll on Fixed blade heads for a high speed bow. Katera, 29 1/2",
75#, 385 grain arrows.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,899 Posts
300+ fps I'd go with something like a SlickTrick, the G5 Striker, or the NAP Nitron. Personally, I like the Striker really well and will be using it again this year. :cocktail:

· Registered
96 Posts
Im shooting the G5 strikers. In which im pretty happy with them. They are hitting pretty close to my field points. I did notice that im getting a slight hissing sound out of them. Im shooting the mathews drenilin at 70bls, with 29in St. Epics w blazers.

· Registered
177 Posts
I shoot a similar set up Vulcan 30 inch draw 385gr arrow 2inch blazer at 308 feet ps.

I shoot Wac-em I have been shooting them out to 70 yards and they are hitting with my field points. I have taken a few animals with them and they have worked well.

I tried Slick trick and G-5 and Muzzy. I could get decent flight at closer range but they would hit low and some low left at the longer range.

· Registered
4,165 Posts
NAP NITRONS are the most accurate and toughest little heads ive ever shot. Not to mention they are scary sharp right outta the box. You will not be disappointed!

· Registered
7,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have Thunderhead 100s but these shoot pretty low. I have a couple in 85 grains which I have not yet shot. I also have Rocket Sheelheads but I have not been able to convince myself to use a mechanical.

· Registered
3,555 Posts
I’ve shot Slick Trick magnums @ 40 yards and they flew great, didn't try further.
I've shot standards out to 60 and they fly great too, same POI as field points.
Bow is paper tuned, Blazer fletching. Arrow speed 293-294 fps.

· Premium Member
3,709 Posts
My Bowtech stryker crossbow shoots 405fps and Thunderheads and Slick Tricks fly perfect over 400fps..... My father hunts with the crossbow and he has shot 3 deer over 40 yards this year with it. He can hit a cherry tomato at 45 yards every shot with old fashioned Thunderhead 100`s. 300 fps is a thing of the past..............

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.