Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What one should I choose....deer hunting, shots 30 yards or less, dream season evo 70# 29 " 453 gr arrow....
Grizztrick 2
Exodus
Shuttle T Black Ops
Wasp Drone

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Exodus

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,859 Posts
Grizztricks are simply evil. They make HUGE entry and exit wounds and the hogs and deer around here hate them.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
My choice is Grizz Trick II first and the Exodus as a good number 2.

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Out of those choices .. Exodus or grizz . Your set up you will be burying whatever into the dirt so I'd go bigger cut with out hesitation

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Grizz would be my vote. Shuttle T would be my last choice been on a few tracking jobs and have not been impressed. Couple buddies shoot the grizz and all are in awe of the holes and short blood trails. Qad is also impressive but dont compare to the Grizz or magnum for holes. This is coming from my buddy who shot the Qad this year.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking the GT2 bc of the hole to get a big mech type hole

·
BowhunterT100
6,537 Posts
exodus

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the same time that exodus hype is getting to me and seeing the big triangle hole is nice as well

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
I'm thinking the GT2 bc of the hole to get a big mech type hole
It's not a mech hole . Not even close ... It's a big fix blade hole . This is a mech hole ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418692316.299444.jpg rage digger

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^ lol nice, i shoot hypodermics currently and plan on trying the jakhammer next year

·
Registered
13,128 Posts
Got two other deer with the hypo .. With your set up . I'd shoot those personally

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
^^^ lol nice, i shoot hypodermics currently and plan on trying the jakhammer next year
Jak Hammers just flat out kill. Shortest shot to drop distance I've ever seen. 2/3 of the price of a hypro and a lot bigger hole. Dont worry about your set up you have plenty to punch a Jak Hammer through a deer. Probably twice.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jak Hammers just flat out kill. Shortest shot to drop distance I've ever seen. 2/3 of the price of a hypro and a lot bigger hole.
Question though....are the O rings one and done?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm around 315 fps so they recommend using 2 o rings so I run 2 o rings. So far on deer I could of re used them a couple times but I dont risk it. On practice I've got over 10 shots on them. I got both the O rings back on this years 10 point.

·
Registered
906 Posts
try anything by grim reaper their fixed blade is awesome and there other heads are cool too

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
try anything by grim reaper their fixed blade is awesome and there other heads are cool too
I'm not a fan of the springs n all on their mechs, the hades is very nice though

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Exodus are my top pick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts