Archery Talk Forum banner

Fixed blade questions

479 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Envy#21
I need some opinions. What's the largest fixed blade is far as cutting diameter? There's 10,000 to choose from... What's everyone's opinion on which fixed blade causes the most destruction? Thanks in advance
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,628 Posts
I haven't experience it first hand but read good reviews on the G5 striker magnum. It's got a 1 1/2" cutting diameter and it also flies great. The blades are wickedly sharp and I think the fertule is all steel. This will be my next head to try out when My STs are out.

· Registered
1,376 Posts
the slick trick griz trick is a 4 blader with a 1 1/4 cut. the muzzy mx-3 is a 3 blade 1 1/4.
as for what does the most damage, is the one that is most accurate.

· Registered
348 Posts
I used to shoot the Simmons Landshark. It has a 1 1/2" cutting diameter and leaves a nasty hole. The only problem I had with them is that they tend to sail a little bit.

· Registered
632 Posts
I shoot Simmon's Landshark 160gr broadheads with the inserts. It's best if you use an arrow that is long enough so the back of the blade doesn't go behind the front of your riser. You must do a thorough job of broadhead tuning as outlined in Easton's Tuning Guide. They will fly just fine if you do that, and they cut a huge hole every time. I've killed at least 20 deer with them and quite a few hogs also. Tried mechanicals, had failures, went back to Landsharks. I sharpen them with a Lanskey Sharpener, then lightly steel them, then strop them on leather treated with an abrasive.

Slowhandstl

· Registered
378 Posts
I like all the G5's

On thing to think about with a fixed blade is the large cutting diameter you have the easier the head can steer the arrow and not the fletches. I wouldn't go with anything bigger then 1.5 inches. I shoot G5 montecs and they are great, shoot just like my field points do, with a 1.25 cutting diameter 3 blade you will do some damage. I think that all the G5s are spin tested so they should fly just like field points if your arrows are tuned (inserts in square).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.