Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some dirt nap drt broadheads which by the way are amazing IMO they are wicked sharp very well made and all spin tested perfect my problem is I can't hit the same as my fp no matter what I do my broadheads always hit right moved my rest and both fp and broadhead move left the same distance. Do I need to have the broadheads at a certain angle or anything? My setup is a prime centroid 63# 28.5dl arrow is 400spine and 28"

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
I had the same problem with my Slick Trick Magnums. They were not off by much but were a little off. I would suggest not worrying about it if they are really close and wont affect accuracy or killing deer if you hunt.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There 4" off at 20 and gets worse as I go back so I'm not confident with hunting with them I wanna be sure when I shoot it's goin where I aim

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I've had 5 or 6 different BH's, both fixed and mech shoot to the same as my FPs. Then I try another brand and....won't group with the rest. I just picked 2...both fixed...and went from there. I KNOW that when I practice with FPs and then screw one of these 2 on...same POI. I like messing with different stuff as much as anybody...but I shoot what I know works and call it a day.

G

·
Airborne Archery
9,089 Posts
There 4" off at 20 and gets worse as I go back so I'm not confident with hunting with them I wanna be sure when I shoot it's goin where I aim
Yes, that is way too far off. I wish I could tell you what to try but you said moving the rest didn't help. If you will just be hunting for the next month or so then I would sight your bow in so your broadheads are dead on. After the hunting season is over you can just sight it in for the FT's. Sorry this is helping your problem but just food for thought.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought bout that too just know it's not properly tuned then and that bothers me lol

·
Sultan of Smack
5,729 Posts
Honestly, the best thing you could do is read Doc's sticky on the top of this page. Slight adjustments with your rest the way you want your arrows to go. There has only been one head in 15 years that I couldn't get same POI. Could be that your head just won't fly. Look at the sticky and give it a try.

SCFox

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I have had the same problems with mine but going left on me. My bow is properly tuned by a pro and I just can't get these to hit where I want. I love the design and the customer service of the company is great. I hope to resolve it because I truly want to hunt with them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts