Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some new carbon Easton Epic arrows and would like to continue to use my 100 gr. Thunderheads instead of buying Expandables right now. For a test I fletched 1 arrow with 3" Vanes. Broadheads seem to fly pretty decent but 4" right and 1" lower than field points. About normal for carbons or should I fletch up with 4" vanes instead?

Opinions please ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you do change your fletchings, I would try the 4" vanes or feathers depending on your preferences. If the 3" fletchings are flying good for you, don't change it. Remember it is consistency first before accuracy. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
take and shoot them several times but if your shooting fixed i would not shoot less than 4 inches as too many things can happen that will definately turn a good shot into a bad one. also if you can get them offset or hellicl for quicker stabilizing the arrows with broadhead
rob k

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I would for shure go 4" and Helical with feathers or veins.:) Stabalize the fixed head better, especially with the carbons. I shoot 100 gr T-heads too. Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts