Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
My better half shoots those USA made 125gr TH in her Xbow. Those old heads are just plain good. I was lucky enough to score a 6pk of old school TH from eBay. Box was still sealed lol.
I still have a small stockpile of them I'm saving for "the great broadhead shortage", whenever that hits.🤣

I've killed around 50% of all archery game I've harvested with them, since 1987. I accidentally bought a "new" pack a few years ago, before I realized they're now made in China. The blade steel just isn't like the old ones.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I still have a small stockpile of them I'm saving for "the great broadhead shortage", whenever that hits.🤣

I've killed around 50% of all archery game I've harvested, with them, since 1987. I accidentally bought a "new" pack a few years ago, before I realized they're now made in China. The blade steel just isn't like the old ones.
Gave all my th125s to my dad and brother when I left for the military in 91, got back into bowhunting after I retired in 2013, was really disappointed with the first package of the 125s I bought from bass pro, I went with the qad exodus and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
What are the best made in the USA fixed broad head for elk and deer hunting?
Tooth of the arrow. I comment on this CONSTANTLY and it is ALWAYS the same answer. I did extensive testing on a bunch of heads in the fixed blade category...basically all of the major heads on the market. The final two for me were the QAD Exodus (Also USA Made) and Tooth of the arrow. I ended up going with tooth and have not switched in years. I have taken 6 animals with the same head and finally lost said head last year. They are a solid 4 blade head machined from one piece of steel. This was a HUGE selling point as you can just re sharpen the head instead of swapping blades like the QAD has. In the fixed blade category, I truly believe there is nothing better than these two heads.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Tooth of the arrow. I comment on this CONSTANTLY and it is ALWAYS the same answer. I did extensive testing on a bunch of heads in the fixed blade category...basically all of the major heads on the market. The final two for me were the QAD Exodus (Also USA Made) and Tooth of the arrow. I ended up going with tooth and have not switched in years. I have taken 6 animals with the same head and finally lost said head last year. They are a solid 4 blade head machined from one piece of steel. This was a HUGE selling point as you can just re sharpen the head instead of swapping blades like the QAD has. In the fixed blade category, I truly believe there is nothing better than these two heads.
You can re sharpen exodus heads too. I killed 13 hogs with the same head last year. Both are great choices..

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
After trying different heads , when it comes to fix blades I'm about decided magnus is where I'm staying. I recently bought some QADs and while they're they seem to be excellent made heads, they just don't fly as consistent as the Magnus for me. I've used black hornets on deer, elk, and pigs, and I've used stingers on deer and pigs, all with excellent results. For some reason the Magnus just seems to be a little more forgiving than any other fixed blades I've tried. Good luck

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Gave all my th125s to my dad and brother when I left for the military in 91, got back into bowhunting after I retired in 2013, was really disappointed with the first package of the 125s I bought from bass pro, I went with the qad exodus and haven't looked back.
If I didn't already have so many broadheads, enough to subsistence hunt for the rest of my life, QAD Exodus would be at the top of my list to try. Or, if I was a young hunter, just starting out, I'd buy them. I've never heard anyone cry about an Exodus failure. The only reason I don't need to buy them is that none of my broadheads fail either. 🤣

I do wish they'd make a 150 grain Exodus. I've recently started really liking 150's for one of my bows and arrow builds. If they made 150's, I might have to splurge on some.

But there are so many great broadheads made now...

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I've used a few mentioned the Thunder heads and Wasp. Love the tip on the Wasp but blades are lacking. When I shot broadhead leagues by far the QAD was the toughest. Grizz Tricks put biggest holes in target. TOA just came out and does show promise but are dull out of package. I wish QAD made a 1 1/4 " 4 blade.

·
Full Time Novice
10,047 Posts
This is going to get a lot of responses. I would use the research button and actually look. Youll be fine with any cut on contact sharp placed jn the right spot

1 - 20 of 27 Posts