Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Interested in your experience... What do you prefer 3 or 4 fixed broadheads? Aerodinamics? Penetration? Cutting surface?
Actually using a Z7, 29", 71# with muzzy mx4 100 grain.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I've used 2, 3 and 4 blade heads over the past 30 years. If I make a good shot, I've had great blood trails with all three. I don't think I could say which was best. Time to death was not significantly different for any type of head that I noticed.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Only thing I can tell you is the only broadhead I've shot so far are Slick Trick standards, which are a four blade, and they fly great. This is my first year bowhunting, so I've not shot anything yet. But knowing my shot is accurate makes me more confident than anything. I think good shot placement would matter more than anything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
It depends on what you are hunting. The pig hunters will tell you that 4 blades work better for tracking purposes since pig wounds tend to close off. For deer, blade number is irrelevant. Blade size seems to be more important than blade number. Shot placement is of utmost importance.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
ive had huge blood trails with 3 blades and 4 blades. had a freaking blood river on a buck with a slick trick last year!! i dont think you can go wrong with either but i still shoot 4 blades for an extra cutting surface

1 - 8 of 8 Posts