Archery Talk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have “seriously seen” 5. Im also only 19. Yes that is right, I have seen many.
5???? You need to hunt around people that need to shoot better. I have hunted for 40 years with a lot of guys in a lot of states and Outfitted for 7 years and haven't seen 5 and at 19 years of age and just a few years of bowhunting you have?????

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 29.5” 78#, BE X-Impacts 545 GN 200 GN Iron Will Wides, Fast Eddie XL, Hybrid Hunter Pro
94 Posts
5???? You need to hunt around people that need to shoot better. I have hunted for 40 years with a lot of guys in a lot of states and Outfitted for 7 years and haven't seen 5 and at 19 years of age and just a few years of bowhunting you have?????
Yes I believe I said 5. Ah yes “ just shoot better”. I’m not saying mechanicals can’t kill an animal, a field point could if you “just shoot good”. I’m saying that when encountering bone like oh I don’t know ribs? Fixed blades are less likely to fail. Don’t have to hunt or outfit or whatever for however long to understand that.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Wow a 19 yr old expert. I butchered north of 100 deer in heavily hunted areas way more gun shot wounds.... better stop using expanding bullets fmj only. I have found 1 nock in back strap and my own exploded expandable that was a head failure. In all those deer. My expandable was a swat and I ve been vocal about them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes I believe I said 5. Ah yes “ just shoot better”. I’m not saying mechanicals can’t kill an animal, a field point could if you “just shoot good”. I’m saying that when encountering bone like oh I don’t know ribs? Fixed blades are less likely to fail. Don’t have to hunt or outfit or whatever for however long to understand that.
Hey sport, I think I understand that ribs aren't stopping quality mechanicals with all todays bows (60lbs+) with moderate arrow weight. I shoot a 60lb NoCam and never had the ribs stop my arrows and I'm shooting a 425gr arrow. I just have a hard time believing in the few years that you've hunted you have found 5 deer with mechanicals broken off in them and I don't remember ever finding one in the 40 years of hunting. What state are you in and who's shooting all these deer that somehow you find and have mechanicals broken off in them??

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow a 19 yr old expert. I butchered north of 100 deer in heavily hunted areas way more gun shot wounds.... better stop using expanding bullets fmj only. I have found 1 nock in back strap and my own exploded expandable that was a head failure. In all those deer. My expandable was a swat and I ve been vocal about them.
I see your're from Georgia. So those big heavy Georgia deer ribs are busting off mechanicals????????

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry 168p&y wrong person. You're from GA with all the big heavy deer ribs that are busting mechanicals off.

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 29.5” 78#, BE X-Impacts 545 GN 200 GN Iron Will Wides, Fast Eddie XL, Hybrid Hunter Pro
94 Posts
I appreciate the compliment, but I don’t consider myself an expert. Maybe in a few years. But yes let’s make a comparison between arrows and bullets, only a couple thousand feet per second difference.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I was going to post these pics for a thread but I ll post them here. Here are the worst Jak Hammers I have seen after shooting a deer. One is off my kids Ravin crossbow after breaking both front shoulders. Deer looked like it was hit win a 30-06. Second is from my buck this year. My deer died in 30 seconds but I played it safe waited 7 hours. When I snuck up on him his rack was stuck in tree with head up. Not taking a chance so I shot him up the pooper to make sure. I hit half inch high and blew threw the pelvis into liver. I just missed ball joint in hip.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Bullets are a perfect comparison. Some are designed to expand some are designed to not expand. Non expanding bullets are designed to not kill people in battle. Kinda like a small broad head. Now shoot a deer with a plastic tipped bullet and you ll have huge holes and sometimes no exit. Like a expandable.

·
Banned
176 Posts
NO. I simply defend a BH or type of broadhead that people come on to bash simply because they don't like it and think fixed are the be all and end all. I have said many times, shoot what you have confidence in, fixed or mechanical. But it gets so old with guys like you that bash mechanicals on every single thread.

Again, for the 3 or 4th time in the last few weeks I will mention a thread that was started about a year ago about a study that showed the recovery rate using mechanicals was much, much higher than fixed. But guys like you come on here and say mechanicals are garbage and fixed is the only way to go. So I want to use a head with a higher wounding rate????? So go away baby cub!!
no need for you to be so upset sport. getting angry and lashing out as you are doing (as you do in every thread) makes you look even sillier. I mean its funny but useless. You are so emotional you fail to understand the op's question. I will help you. He posted

"494 grain total arrow weight (if using 100grain head); this total includes BH, halfout, shaft, vanes and nocks.

My question is am I making enough KE to use mechanicals, or should I be using fixed? I am not sure how many FPS my bow is shooting. "

Even a mech fan boy has to admit that he should steer clear of a mech head for all the many and obvious reasons. But your going to cling to your religion when in this case, the op should use a fixed blade head. Now you will get mad and post more word salad dripping with anger.

·
Registered
341 Posts
no need for you to be so upset sport. getting angry and lashing out as you are doing (as you do in every thread) makes you look even sillier. I mean its funny but useless. You are so emotional you fail to understand the op's question. I will help you. He posted

"494 grain total arrow weight (if using 100grain head); this total includes BH, halfout, shaft, vanes and nocks.

My question is am I making enough KE to use mechanicals, or should I be using fixed? I am not sure how many FPS my bow is shooting. "

Even a mech fan boy has to admit that he should steer clear of a mech head for all the many and obvious reasons. But your going to cling to your religion when in this case, the op should use a fixed blade head. Now you will get mad and post more word salad dripping with anger.
And please explain to me with 63lbs and 29.5" draw with a 494gr arrow that he should steer clear of a mechanical?? You really have NOOOOOOOOOOO idea what you are talking about. He has more than enough horsepower. I shoot a 60lb, 28" draw and 425gr arrow and shoot the Trypans and Extremes without issues.

Not angry or upset their spanky, but you are the one that sounds silly and so easy to get to say such outlandish and foolish things that nobody will listen or believe what you have to say.😁

·
Banned
176 Posts
And please explain to me with 63lbs and 29.5" draw with a 494gr arrow that he should steer clear of a mechanical?? You really have NOOOOOOOOOOO idea what you are talking about. He has more than enough horsepower. I shoot a 60lb, 28" draw and 425gr arrow and shoot the Trypans and Extremes without issues.

Not angry or upset their spanky, but you are the one that sounds silly and so easy to get to say such outlandish and foolish things that nobody will listen or believe what you have to say.😁
Predictable. Im laughing. You have been patterned. 🤣

·
Banned
176 Posts
Great explanation!! Wouldn't have expected anything more from you.😎
You try so hard. Its flattering. You fail to even read this guys thread. First time bowhunter, got a new bow a few months ago. No serious bowhunter with any experience would saddle this guy with a mech head. Its irresponsible. He will have enough to be thinking about and worrying about. He doesnt need to be worrying if his broadhead will open or fail and watching his first deer run off with an arrow antenna because he didnt get an exit hole and pass through (which is likely with a mech head. We both know this to be a fact). Its just ignorant to be suggesting he use a mech head. You and I both know this to be true but you dug in like a little kid and despite knowing you are wrong, you will act like you are right. Its funny. You have been patterned. It was super easy.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You try so hard. Its flattering. You fail to even read this guys thread. First time bowhunter, got a new bow a few months ago. No serious bowhunter with any experience would saddle this guy with a mech head. Its irresponsible. He will have enough to be thinking about and worrying about. He doesnt need to be worrying if his broadhead will open or fail and watching his first deer run off with an arrow antenna because he didnt get an exit hole and pass through (which is likely with a mech head. We both know this to be a fact). Its just ignorant to be suggesting he use a mech head. You and I both know this to be true but you dug in like a little kid and despite knowing you are wrong, you will act like you are right. Its funny. You have been patterned. It was super easy.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! whew that was funny! You're really embarrassing yourself with your lack of knowledge. He has more than enough horsepower to get passthroughs for one and a 2-blade Rage is impossible not to open. A mechanical will be much more forgiving in the moment of truth with arrow flight if the form isn't perfect and a 2" cut gives you a little more room for error if the shot isn't perfect. With his setup he absolutely has nothing to worry about.

Now you can respond with some more foolish knowledge (or lack there of) because everything you have said is sooooooo far from the truth.

·
Banned
176 Posts
you entertain me. You try so hard but I have you patterened and could have written that BS for you. This was fun. Better luck next time tiger.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I swear sonny we can't fix stupid. My old man shoots 53#s 400 grain arrow and gets pass throughs more then not using 1.5 " reapers. I know my trophy room would have twice as many mounts if I had gone to expandables in my early years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see your're from Georgia. So those big heavy Georgia deer ribs are busting off mechanicals????????
Hell yeah these big heavy Georgia deer are a different breed brotha. Pressured by every land owner, every land owners trespasser and every trespassers family. They say deer season 6 months here in Ga but them boys outside city limits run it year round. Aint right but these deer some tough mf!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts