Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any advice at all.
Two years ago I harvested two gators with a outfitter out of Tampa Bay Fl. Everything went good for this out of state hunter. One 12 ft and one 8ft gator.
I'm not going to name his name or info but he's a well know-en person in the Archery world and the Gator world. The gators should have made it to the Taxidermy shop but they never made it. He states it's at the taxidermy shop but the taxidermy shop states nothing was dropped off. I could not be with the guide to drop off my two gators because i was from out of state and I only had a day or so. Now the guide will not respond to anything at all. What should i do? Do i go after the outfitter and file a law suit? Or should i just let it go?
Any advice would help!

·
Registered
485 Posts
IF... you have a paper trail of your kill and his responsibility to care for your mounts get with local C.O. or law enforcement and file charges accordingly.If you didn't get your meat, C.O may file wanton waste of meat.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I would think the taxidermist should have given a receipt to the outfitter, and would have a record of that receipt. There should be a paper trail, if the outfitter claims he gave it to the taxidermist he should have gotten a receipt to cover has butt. Turn it over to Fla fish and game, they'll hold someone accountable.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,553 Posts
I was just in Florida hunting pigs and looked to see about alligators. They wanted $1500 for 10ft-12ft and $900 for an6ft-8ft. So if you paid that much it is something fish and game would want to here about. I'm sure you booked online or have some type of receipt from them for deposit of the taxidermy. I wouldn't let it go, you paid for a service and that service was not completed.

·
I Should Be Hunting
1,226 Posts
Really??? You're asking us what you should do?

It's obviously apparent what you should do. The outfitter owes you a 12 & 8 foot gator and if he can't produce the two that you shot, he owes you a free hunt OR you file charges against him.

How long ago did this hunt take place?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Really??? You're asking us what you should do?

It's obviously apparent what you should do. The outfitter owes you a 12 & 8 foot gator and if he can't produce the two that you shot, he owes you a free hunt OR you file charges against him.

How long ago did this hunt take place?
He said it's been 2 years.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
2 yrs has passed? That's some patience right there if you've waited that long.

There's been some grumblings about a local guide regarding gators I wonder if it's the same one (I live in the Tampa area).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Did he own an archery shop in north tampa? There was a very well known guy here in the tampa area that was recently (within a year) busted for several illegal gator hunts. Google his name, pretty sure it'll pop up.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Did he own an archery shop in north tampa? There was a very well known guy here in the tampa area that was recently (within a year) busted for several illegal gator hunts. Google his name, pretty sure it'll pop up.
Exactly who I was thinking of...Glenn something was his name. It's a shame too because he had such a nice shop.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Yea a name would be good..... I just booked hunts for three of my buddies in different states that let me feet hunt with them...... I don't want my money to go to waste either...... Spill the beans... If this guy did you wrong you shouldn't have a problem warning the rest of AT.....

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Same exact thing happened to a guy I work with three years ago.
He went down to FL killed two nice gators with a bow everything went well, Outfitter lined up a taxidermist for him to tan the hides paid a big deposit and he never heard anything back.
He called the outfitter and taxi and kept getting the run around, hasn't gotten his hides yet.

·
Bow down to the man camz
2,122 Posts
Any taxidermist who takes in work fills out a form with the clients info, price of work, down payment, type of form, and gives the customer a copy. The other copy goes into his file. I think that the work was never dropped offto the taxidermist. The two gators were probably sold. Thats why thier is no paper work.

·
Registered
19,034 Posts
Why is it that people never want to name names, If things went as you stated others may want to avoid this clown!

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
First you should have a copy of your C.I.T.E 's tag paperwork that should have been included with your kills. This paper has to accompany the hides and heads of the Gators and the Guide and Taxidermist has to sign off on. Use this as your basis to claim to show fraud on the outfitters part. The FWC are serious about the tags down here and won't stop chasing a violation until they draw blood. In the future you need to take your own animals to a taxidermist and handle it yourself. Never,ever go through the outfitter or leave the outfitter to do your business.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts