Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excalibur assasian . Looks to have either a decocking button or side safety. Take a look at the stock it looks maybe it will have an intergrated cocker. If srtyker comes out with a new model it probably have the same features.
158C5339-C04B-4230-B564-DD9D96A3B21B.jpeg

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry everybody I guess this is old news

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ravin must of made Excalibur gealous. It looks like the trigger box detaches and slides forward to attach to string. The nice feature will be that the trigger box can stay put and a normal rope cocker can be used or string changer.
E0E1AB81-69C5-416C-9B72-F247C1579B96.jpeg

·
Bringer of truth
14,838 Posts
no doubt a cocker with no sled or string hooks with a nylon strap and internal reel is un beatable..i.m.o.

It might take some time to get use to this but I think Excal really knew this was needed.

This feature will opens the door wide for folks to cross over from compound type bows.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah but the people who hunt with compounds do it for the rush of bow hunting not to just pull the trigger. People who are on the fence of a compound to a crossbow obviously havn't shot to many deer with a bow.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Interested to see what the final specs will be. Seems unusual to take what many admire as a simple, reliable design, and make it so complex. I guess it does answer the question "What else can you do with a recurve?" Opens them up to new customers I suppose.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Yeah but the people who hunt with compounds do it for the rush of bow hunting not to just pull the trigger. People who are on the fence of a compound to a crossbow obviously havn't shot to many deer with a bow.
Actually I do agree with you a bit...but many here can no longer effectively draw back on a compound so we have little choice....but to go all the way from a compound to a crossbow with a crank only feature denies the pleasure of cocking the crossbow IMO.
but to each his own....Many of us here actually hunt the entire rifle season with our crossbows....it is not a matter of taking the "easiest" route...its basically whatever is feasible and whatever makes your boat float.
norm

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
It won't be cheap but this bow has a lot of great features and they will be selling quite a few of them

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Interested to see what the final specs will be. Seems unusual to take what many admire as a simple, reliable design, and make it so complex. I guess it does answer the question "What else can you do with a recurve?" Opens them up to new customers I suppose.
It would have been unusual/unexpected back in the original days of Excalibur. I haven't been very impressed with the changes since Bowtech took them over though, and the growing complexity of their models is fairly unsurprising to me now. :dontknow: I still registered to win one though. :teeth:

~E

·
today's macguyver
5,679 Posts
no doubt a cocker with no sled or string hooks with a nylon strap and internal reel is un beatable..i.m.o.

It might take some time to get use to this but I think Excal really knew this was needed.

This feature will opens the door wide for folks to cross over from compound type bows.
I just hope they have a latch that holds the trigger box ,and not rely on the strap and winch drum to hold it like the Ravin .
IMO a big mistake .

·
Crossbow Broke
9,819 Posts
I’ve shot a ton a deer with a compound and a crossbow. The thrill is the same. You do understand this is a crossbow forum?

·
Crossbow Broke
9,819 Posts
I gave up my recurves because my back didn’t like them as much as my heart did. The C2 crank was a pain to use. This is a nice step for Excal. So far I like what I’ve seen

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Many had to give up their compounds like myself after 3 rotator surgeries or other medical issues. If we need a cranking system on a crossbow it doesn’t make us enjoy the hunt any less then someone who self cocks their cross bow. If my shoulders could take it I would be self cocking but certainly still be happy those that need a cranking system can get out and continue to enjoy their days afield.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Many had to give up their compounds like myself after 3 rotator surgeries or other medical issues. If we need a cranking system on a crossbow it doesn’t make us enjoy the hunt any less then someone who self cocks their cross bow. If my shoulders could take it I would be self cocking but certainly still be happy those that need a cranking system can get out and continue to enjoy their days afield.
I agree wholeheartedly........we make adjustments as we start falling apart...and we all start falling apart sooner or later....
but as long as I can I will cock my own bow, even if it means I cant use the crank only 2025 Scorpyd 550 or 2025 Excal mini Micro 400 :wink:
norm

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
I don't think this bow is a crank only, (just saw a pic, definitely has a foot stirrup) but the crank seems to be it's main feature. For those that need them, anything that keeps you in the game is great, and it's a nice option. I don't need one yet, but may before I know it. Not that long ago, I didn't think I'd be shooting and hunting with a crossbow, OR enjoying it so much!:teeth:

·
Registered
28,188 Posts
Yeah it has a foot stirrup. Couple weeks we’ll know more. Hopefully it’s a micro but we’ll see

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Good move by Excalibur. Their super heavy draw weights had many folks putting on hernia belts just to cock them. I enjoy my Bulldog but there is nothing about cocking out that is remotely close to fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts