Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious..... Has anyone ever shot a flaming arrow at anything just for fun? I saw Chris Brackett do it in that new music video he's in and I saw it on the Dukes of Hazzard movie and thought it looked cool

·
Registered
594 Posts
dont give me an idea.

would end up setting my bow on fire.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Just curious..... Has anyone ever shot a flaming arrow at anything just for fun? I saw Chris Brackett do it in that new music video he's in and I saw it on the Dukes of Hazzard movie and thought it looked cool
It turned out not to be so fun for us.....:pukey:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
This is going to lead to some one getting hurt! And I have a front row seat:darkbeer::iamwithstupid::target:

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
Did that once. Took an uncut aluminum arrow with no insert, took a jumbo marshmallow, toasted it to where it's on fire, and shot it into a pool.

Fire pit to pool was very short. But I didn't want to take a chance flaming anything else.

-Steve
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,203 Posts
"Just a good ol' boys, never meaning no harm........ :D

Duke boys took it one step further, they had dynamite at the end of their arrows! :D

·
Alien Mafia
887 Posts
Yeah shot one into a bee's nest when I was 13 or 14. Used 1 of my cousin's wooden arrows! Only problem was the flame went out mid flight so it just made the bees mad!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I did it one time with a wood arrow. I had a bees nest in the ground. I poured gasoline into the hole, stepped back about 15 yards, lit the arrow and shot it with my recurve! Imagine my surprise when flame shot out of the ground in about 8 different places!!! Didn't have bees anymore though!:)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have done it. I do it for an exhibition shoot every year. I use old wood arrows and a recurve I shoot them into a camp fire pit as I am preparing to start dinner. The crowd loves it. Never tried the dynamite thing but I will leave that to them good ol boys. Just be very carful playing with stuff like that. :)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
There wa a youtube video where someone shot a flaming arrow at a gasoline can and the can burst into a ball of flame.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Saw Ted Nugent shoot a flaming arrow from a recurve into a white guitar that then exploded.This was onstage during a concert and was a great effect.My teenage son still talks about that concert.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Old Bear compound and a long, long old aluminum arrow wrapped in rags did the trick on starting a gasoline covered bonfire in back of the house. Wasn't that dramatic given it was about a ten yard shot, but it got the job done...many moons ago:confused:

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
*whistles innocently*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts