Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Martin Cougar 2000 with Z-cams, 60# limbs, set at 30" draw length. I have a spare set of #3 Fury cams available that I would like to use. From Martin:

#3 Fury cams 29" draw length:
string = 56.5"
cable = 41"

Because I want a 29.5" draw, I was planning to order a string = 56.75" and cables = 39.75"?

Is this reasonable?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fury cams

PLaying with the correct string/cable length ratio will only result in incorrect positioning of the cams, which is highly critical for radical cams, such as the Fury. It is Fury's MAJOR drawback, the inability to adjust draw-length. The only reason I switched to Nitrous cams, since Furys are much smoother, despite the bearings in the Nos.
Anything that will put the cams out of their correct alignment to the string will result in drastically reduced performance.

·
Registered
459 Posts
you should be getting 30 inches with the #3 cams on a straight limb cougar 2000 i believe they used to have specks that were a little long for that bow. if you take he #3 cams with the factory strings you should be real close maybe even a little long

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that you mention it, my scepter II with fury cams felt a little longer than the factory specified draw length.

Thanks, Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts