Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have an indoor range and we had a bowhunter league that used
small foam animal targets. They had score rings like 3-d targets (10-8-5).
They came in all sizes such as squirrels, wood chucks, turkeys, etc.
Can't remember where I got them and would like to introduce them to my club. Any help?
Thanks

· Registered
1,441 Posts
I believe you a talking about pottingers ethafoam targets. I haven't seen they for a very long time. I know you can still get ethafoam. I have seen some that some guys made to shoot broadheads into, they cut them out and painted them. They turned out really good.

As for buying some already made targets you might end up with 3-D instead.
Let us know if you find any I wouldn't mind having another for my girls to shoot at.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flat faced animal targets

The targets I'm looking for are about 1/2 inch thick ethafoam and you pin them to your indoor backstop. They have score rings in the same places that 3-d targets have
thanks for your reply

· Registered
5,525 Posts
Back in the 80s when my son and I got interested in 3d these targets well all over the place and were called 2d i believe. They added several layers of the foam to the center to stop the pass throughs. As the bows got faster and faster more foam was added, but then along came the 3d targets we see today and they died out. One club cut out there own targets so it was a big supprise to see what they had out on the range. They had there kids paint them up or looked like it and it was comical too see what some of them looked like. It made it harder to shoot them as we were laughing so much at the targets.:wink: AC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.