Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into the Flatline series Arrows for Hunting and for another choice for 3-D and target. I shoot Fatboys now but I like the Flatline series arrows as well. Anyone have any experience with these arrows and if so what are your opinions.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I am shooting the 340's and never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Switched from Carbon Express to the Flatlines in August. Love them for 3d and hunting 2 shots 2 dead deer. One was 1/4ing away arrow through the ribs out the shoulder in 1 piece. Gotta love that for strength with the light weight, the seem very consistant in weight also. I will be trying the "Surgical" as soon as my shop has them.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I whacked a couple of deer with them this year and they worked great. I was using the CE Maxima's, and the Flatliners are about the same weight and at least as durable.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
I haven't used them, but my opinion on them is WHY? They look like more of the same to me..
.003 straightness(not that great)
6.2, 7.4, 8.2 gr./"
What is the big deal with them? Maybe I am missing something? Please, let me know what it is that I am missing..

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is pretty much what I was guessing so far. I hunt with FMJ now which is an killer arrow. My FMJ weigh 467 right now but I was looking at getting a little more speed out of a hunting arrow. I like the that the Surgical have a low tolerance for straightness .001 is pretty tight. Thanks so far and keep some more info coming my way.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i was wondering this question also i also have been shooting the flatlines and was wondering how good they are for hunting please keep the comments coming

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
I haven't used them, but my opinion on them is WHY? They look like more of the same to me..
.003 straightness(not that great)
6.2, 7.4, 8.2 gr./"
What is the big deal with them? Maybe I am missing something? Please, let me know what it is that I am missing..
maybe some us like to shoot an american made product.
also they now make a surgical flatline @ .001 straightness, and plus or minus 2 grains, not too shabby.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
pass through on 3deer and never a problem. Last buck (ground) was almost facing me, went through the front shoulder and out the opposite rear leg.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I think they are pretty much the same as the Lightspeed shaft, I have some and like them very well, I plan to hunt with them next season...and maybe the end of this season.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Arent the surgicals the same specs as the lightspeed 3D ? same with the regular lighspeeds to the flatline....

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arent the surgicals the same specs as the lightspeed 3D ? same with the regular lighspeeds to the flatline....
Yes they are the same specs. The differances are the inserts and the nocks. And that is in weight differance.

I'm sure if you compare these other arrow companies they use the same arrow and sell as a differant one as well if not more so. I have shot Easton ever since I can remember and they are still made here in the USA. So I will continue to buy them. So for some that don;t see what the big deal is then maybe you should shoot a stick bow and homemade arrows if its no big deal:wink: I enjoy buying new stuff and seeing what else is out there and make the call for MY SELF on what I like and what I buy. You can do your thing and I'll do mine. I think I asked for experiance with these if I dont recall. The second part not directed at you 30 X.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I used to shoot them and they are great arrows, but like any other light arrow, they are going to be more fragile than a heavier arrow. I broke quite a few of them but that was just because of bad shots on my part.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
maybe some us like to shoot an american made product.
also they now make a surgical flatline @ .001 straightness, and plus or minus 2 grains, not too shabby.
Ohhh, so you are shooting aluminums? :wink: Maybe some of you should be sure that they are made in the USA..Most of Eastons carbons are made overseas:confused: Atleast I know that the Fatboys are.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Where do we go from here?:confused: If you want to shoot USA shoot Victory(for right now) or Easton Aluminums best that I can tell. Or maybe the Arrow Dynamics...But I'd drop the snide comments atleast for the sake of ignorance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts