Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mark
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot Easton Flatlines 400 with 100 grain head at 265 fps, I know I need to upgrade to faster bow but not this year. I bought some Nockturnels and at first thought they were pretty cool. They did shoot slightly lower than the micro nocks that come with flatlines. Now that I'm practicing with Ramcat broadheads they seem to shoot even lower maybe as much as 2" at 20 yards and more beyound that. I switched the nocks back to micro nocks with Ramcat broadheads and I'm back online with field tips. On top of that one of them already lost 80% of brightness with very minimal on time. I still think lighted knocks are great for hunting and maybe I'll make adjustments next year but season is open in KY and I'm ready but without lighted knocks.

any body else seen this drop with light arrows?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i shoot a 350gr flatline 400 w/ nockturnals w/o any change of impact to 40 yrds also i broke one of the nockturnal nock shooting groups and the battery stayed lit for over a month

·
Feedn The Geese
12,210 Posts
I shoot that same setup but much faster and a slightly different arrow, i shoot the lightspeeds. When building the arrow I actually cut off the g nock unibushing on a half a dozen that I wanted to insert regular nocturnals into. the shaft as normal is one grain off with the g nock bushing from the nockturnal, i cant remember which nocturnal it is but its the standard one most take. They shoot flawlessly.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
I shoot Flatline 340's and Nocturnals but no real difference in impact between the nockturnals and regular nocks...

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I can't see much of a difference in micronocks and nockturnals, but sometimes you might just get a bad nockturnal. I have bought 7 this year and I have 2 practice ones cause they quit working after a few shots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts