Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a flat shooting vane anyone do any testing that would like to share.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
105 Posts
FWIW - a friend and I compared AAE elite plastifletch 3" vanes with 3" predator vanes and blazer vanes (all else being exactly equal) head-to-head, and found the AAE's retained the most speed (and KE) at 40 yards, and were the quietest by a good margin.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
How about putting 4 additional 5" vanes in the middle of the shaft, straight, no offset, like a cruise missle, so the arrow can glide! Then, some minimal little 1" offset vanes in the back just to keep the arrow from whacking out of control.

That'd be interesting!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
FWIW - a friend and I compared AAE elite plastifletch 3" vanes with 3" predator vanes and blazer vanes (all else being exactly equal) head-to-head, and found the AAE's retained the most speed (and KE) at 40 yards, and were the quietest by a good margin.
Until they've been through a few targets and start to tear off. Then they're LOUD. But still fun.

I've never had a problem with how the plastifletch flew. It was that they'd get tweaked out so quickly for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad to see "my" test came out similar to theirs. ...I was also testing the "regular," "hunting" style AAE vanes, not the ridged ones that most 3D/target shooters do, so that may be where the "wear" difference has been; for me, the AAEs have stood up to a LOT of wear and tear during hunting seasons (I don't shoot 3D, targets, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts