Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body have any reccomendations for fletch size? I was thinking 1.8's or 2.3's. Matt

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
187 flex fletch. Use pin nocks. Though I had no trouble all year with g-nocks I lost all but 2 arrows at Darrington. Hopefully Easton will come out with something better for the navigators. G-nocks you loose the shaft, pin nocks you bend the pin which is hard to replace on the field. If Easton or beiter does not come out with anything soon I think navigator sales would go down. If you only shoot field or 3d (places with little or no wind) I would choose ACC over navigators.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never used spin wings, are they effective out of compound?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I too shoot Flex Fletch 187's for my navigators, and would recommend the pin nocks as well.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I just fletched up my first dozen with 1.75" flex fletch... we'll see how they do.

I recommend a drop away with spinwings - I used them last year with my ACEs and they worked well but they wouldn't shoot off a launcher blade worth a darn. No clearance.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am using 1.75" Flex-fletch and am very happy with them.

As for nocks... I would highly recommend using a G-Nock vs. the pin nock system. There are several reasons why.

1. The pins can be bent when hit by another arrow which is difficult to notice, and can even happen without even breaking or craking the pin-nock itself. If the nock gets shot off, I would almost guarantee the pin will be bent slightly. This will cause unknown stray arrows and cost you points.

2. The additional cost of the pins and nocks and the cost of replacing pins as the get bent is very high! The cost savings of using the G-Nock will make up for the few shaft damages you will get over the season.

3. I was lucky enough to shoot in the top group at Darrington all weekend and never had one damaged shaft. The only shaft damage I saw to a Navigator all weekend is where a pin-nock was shoved inside the shaft after a near robin-hood. I am sure the shaft would also have been ruined if using a g-nock, but the pin system didn't help either.

Just my thoughts.

Joel

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, I was wondering about the pin nocks. Never used them and was a little skeptical. I have a tendancy to trash my arrows, either luck or good shooting!
Good to hear the nav's hold up also, I hate buying somthing and not knowing if they are durable or not. Thanks for the advice all of you! See you in Homestead in a few months! Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts