Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been re-fletching 2" blazers with the Arizona EZ fletch straight 1 degree. It works ok but is not as consistent as I think it could be. Also have been researching and understand that Bohning recommends a 3 degree offset. What are others doing? I am thinking of going to a Bitz and if I do what should I use the stragiht clamp or the right helical?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I use the same thing your using , can't see how its not consistent..
Those arms don't move you get three vanes in the same place every time, groups are plenty tight for me.Only thing I do is when I take the arrows
out of the EZ I run a Q-tip down each side of the vanes base , it helps them
stick way better..And you also get a cleaner finish.
I have shot them with 2 degree like they recommend , and could
tell no difference..
But then again if your not happy , buy a Bitz..:darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I've been re-fletching 2" blazers with the Arizona EZ fletch straight 1 degree. It works ok but is not as consistent as I think it could be. Also have been researching and understand that Bohning recommends a 3 degree offset. What are others doing? I am thinking of going to a Bitz and if I do what should I use the stragiht clamp or the right helical?
Straight clamp is what you use to get offset vanes.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I use a Bitz with a Right Helical......Groups great....

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use the Bohning jig 3* helical. Flys great. Alot better than the Straight 1*

·
Registered
706 Posts
helix jig all the way!!!!!!!!

Bohning Company has came out with a new Helix Jig. It works great. A true 3 degree offset. I did some experimenting last year for Bohning. I determined that after using the jig I had the most consistant arrow rotation on my hunting arrows that I have ever had. Can wait untill the 3-d season. It is a very simple jig to use. A 5 year old kid can do his own arrows. It's fantastic!!! You may want to try one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Maybe I will try the Bohning Helical. From what I saw that runs about $40-50 and the bitz is $70-80 so if it is trully considered the best what is another $30?:) Maybe "consistent" was the wrong word about the Arizona but I have had a few times where I could hold a group of newly fletched arrows side by side and have one that just did not look right, like somehow the base had not adhered completely in the right spot on one of the fletchings. Seemed weird based on how the clamp works but perhaps things can occasionally go wrong with any jig if you're not paying attention:eek:

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I use the right helical Bitz, on FMJ shafts and Blazers. I can play with the offset to fit the diameter of the shafts I'm working on. The aluminum housing lasts for decades, especially where adhesives are involved, and the fine tuning is excellent. I do have to leave the foot (base) of the Blazer out of the clamp about 1/8" so that it will flatten out to fully wrap around and grip the small diameter shaft. I'm very happy with this operation.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I use a Jo-jan and put a much rt helical on 'em as it will allow and they fly great for me.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I use a Bitz with a Right Helical......Groups great....
Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the threads listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=584491&highlight=bitzenburger

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=7558477&posted=1#post7558477

Joe B.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts