Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
I do all my own stunts
603 Posts
Loctite Ultragel is the best I've ever used, and price is right.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Goat tuff

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gorilla instant glue with the blue cap.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I like G5 Blu Glu, but it's a terrible value because it turns into a rock in the bottle within a couple of months, just when I need to fletch more arrows. My new favorite is: BSI 157H

It's the lightest, strongest, most controllable fletching glue I've ever tried. And it doesn't dry up in the bottle, after just one batch of arrows.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,762 Posts
Bohning Platinum. Made for fletching. Arrow prep is paramount with any glue. I "button" the ends of the vanes. Bohning states 5 minutes before unclamping, but I got 7 minutes. Last vane done I can shoot right out of the jig and no issues. I just don't shoot something the arrow can pass through or let my hand slip over the vanes when pulling.

After use I place opened glues in the refrigerator. Lasts a long time.

Some of these super glue types you almost need a hammer and chisel to remove the vane and old glue or soak the arrow in acetone to soften the glues.........

Some vanes require certain glue or base bubbling can occur......

Bohning held well here. Twice through a truck bed liner.

assetXKS3L3V4-1.jpg

For kicks I used Platinum to glue old vanes and successfully fletched a couple of arrows. 1st pic you can see old glue I couldn't remove. Still, no problem fletching.

used vanes 002-1.jpg
used vanes 003-2.jpg
used vanes 004-3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bohning fletch-tite platinum works well.

·
Premium Member
Reckoning 35 for 3D, RealmX for hunt, PSE SupraFocusXL for spot . Axcel, ARC release, Victory.
2,112 Posts
AAE Max Bond is what I use when I use glue.
My 3D arrows are with SpiderVane so tape..

·
Slinging Arrows
1,078 Posts

The Brush makes it easy to apply.

Reactions: FBrit
1 - 20 of 49 Posts