Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small problem but not sure the best way to fix.I have had my bow back to the "pro shop" twice for the same problem. The first time my fletching was hitting the forks , they fixed it but when i shot it it was still hitting just not as bad. Once again back to the shop and now the cock vane it is hitting the capture bar.It is not hitting very much. I am tired of them and just would like some advice to get this fixed. I am sure it is not a hard fix , so any help would be great. Thank you.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,702 Posts
Lacking info to really help. Have you paper tuned? What vanes are you using? How is the rest timed, as in at what point does it lift fully up, 1 or 1 1/2" before full draw?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lacking info to really help. Have you paper tuned? What vanes are you using? How is the rest timed, as in at what point does it lift fully up, 1 or 1 1/2" before full draw?
yes it has been paper tuned , I have GT 55/75 arrows with the 2" vane tech ,
the rest is fully up at about 1 inch before full draw.
The bow is a black ice , 65# , 29" draw and arrows are 27.5" 100 grain tips
thank you for any help you can give.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Rest

Sounds like the shop swapped forks on you to get the timing right. Likely, they are not up to speed on timing the QAD.

Put the old fork back on--you will not hit the horizontal bar. I shoot quickspin speedhunters and Fusions...both are really tall...no contact at all.

The shop, depending on experience, may be trying to set up the rest like other drop aways which cannot be done. The rest must only come to fully up in the last 1/2" of DL...any sooner will cause the issues you describe. Hopefully you still have the cable clamp which makes this easy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
How is the cable attached to the buss cable? If tied in, you will need to take it out and use the clamp. Did they put on the TL1 launcher? If so, take it off and put the original back on. Are you at 90 degrees to string or tail high? Have you tried a bare shaft through paper? If so how did it do?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts