Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just bought a Bitzenburger Dial-o-Fletch to fletch my own arrows. I am wanting to fletch some Easton Axis FMJ with 2" Blazers. My question is were do I need to set the dials to get the 2% offset. New to this just thought I would ask for some advice. I have the straight clamp and also a helical clamp.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Trial and error with the Bitz is how I found my marks. I used a white-out marker to paint the base of the sketching then pressed it to a shaft just like you would fletch, but without glue. If you get a good transfer of the white-out you can measure the edges or the center...use a square and straight ruler for best accuracy. The best I could get with 2" fusions is a 1/16th to 3/32nd. Fletching a test shaft, might save you from messing up a wrap.

If you find a better way to get more than 1/16th, please let me know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I try to get as much offset as I can while still getting maximum contact with the bottom of the fletch. I am not sure exactly how much it is by degree but I don't believe it is vital it is to get the exact degree. My home fletched arrow seem to fly no different than the ones that come prefletched. Also just for a tip if your just starting to fletch (you may already know) but to get my feathers/vanes to stick well I grab a steel wool pad with some commet like cleaner and scrub the fudge out of the arrow where I am fletching. Be careful though arround labels or spots were the arrow may be camo'ed because this can come off I've found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts