Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Bitzenburger Jig, Right Helical. Ive read the angle should be no more then 3 degrees. How do you set the jig to 2 degrees? Is it just by eye, because all I see is just a "C" mark which I'm assuming is for center on both the top and bottom adjustment knobs.

·
Distance hole puncher
1,973 Posts
There are many more experienced that me so wait for their answers. Until then...

I do it by eye. It truly depends on the diameter of your arrows... since I fletch different arrows I'm always adjusting mine. Lately I've been putting as much as offset as possible while keeping all of the feather on the arrow shaft. I also add helical by moving the 2.5-inch feathers away from the nock end, towards the middle of the right helical clamp. I'm still experimenting.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, and in case that info is needed I’m running two Arrows one for my 60# HTR the other for the #70 HTR. They are both Gold Tip Hunter XT’s. One is 340 spine the other 400 spine. Using 2” blazer vanes. I also use QAD Exodust fixed blades for hunting.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,683 Posts
It is more or less by eye ball. Here's a drawing I believe is 3 degrees. And it's not always possible - depends the diameter of arrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
276 Posts
There are many more experienced that me so wait for their answers. Until then...

I do it by eye. It truly depends on the diameter of your arrows... since I fletch different arrows I'm always adjusting mine. Lately I've been putting as much as offset as possible while keeping all of the feather on the arrow shaft. I also add helical by moving the 2.5-inch feathers away from the nock end, towards the middle of the right helical clamp. I'm still experimenting.
I do the same. I put as much offset that I can to get the most twist possible. When you do this you must make sure the vane stays on the arrows and gets good contact to bond. I use a bitz and just leave the top and bottom knobs loose, put an arrow in, vane in clamp and make sure it gets good contact and then bolt the knobs down.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here some pics that you requested. Couldn’t figure out how to pm them so posting them here. Red/black combo is done with right helical clamp on the bitz. Green/white combo is done with 2* offset. May be hard to see but there is quite a bit more twist after using the bitz.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here some pics that you requested. Couldn’t figure out how to pm them so posting them here. Red/black combo is done with right helical clamp on the bitz. Green/white combo is done with 2* offset. May be hard to see but there is quite a bit more twist after using the bitz.
Yeah I can definitely see the difference, does it seem like one flies better with broadheads vs the other (or even field points if you haven’t used both with broadheads)? Also is there a noticeable noise difference? Thanks for taking the time to post those pics by the way

·
Registered
276 Posts
Honestly I haven’t compared. I’m in the process of swapping bows. I need to check group size but it could be the bow now. Hard to say. I was looking for tighter groups. My broadheads fly with my field tips because the bow is tuned properly. The way the arrows are fletched doesn’t effect that aspect for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts