Archery Talk Forum banner

Fletching clearance

360 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Bowtech Brother
On my Diamond black ice I noticed that the arrow fletchings hit the cables when the cock feather is up. That is where the cable for my drop away rest is attached and that is why it hits it. So I put the arrow cock feather pointing left now a fletching hits the foam arrow holder on the bow in front of the rest. Should I get the cable moved for the drop away? Or take that foam arrow holder off in front of the drop away rest? Or somthing else? Thanks for any help.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,699 Posts
BB

Had the same issue on my Guardian, so--Here is my solution to the balancing act. You will need to move your rest and nock point up enough that the vanes will clear the foam arrow holder and retune the bow. I don't know which rest you are using, but I use a Cavalier Avalanche. Once you raise everything up it should relieve your clearance problems. I believe the bottom of the arrow will be about the top to centerline of the Berger hole.

While this is not optimum for the bow's efficiency, it has not hurt the performance of my Guardian.

Marc:darkbeer::darkbeer:

· Registered
445 Posts
Do you have the standard cable guide on? You can get an aftermarket one that will pull your cables over enough to clear even Blazer vanes. I had this same issue on both my Guardian and Allegiance. I put a Limbsaver teflon guide and I clear fine now and cam lean has not been an issue. Bowtech will also send you a different guide that will clear any vanes as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.