Archery Talk Forum banner

Fletching clearence issue - please help

559 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Paul Morris
I have a mathews drenalin 28" draw, 70 lbs with a QAD ultra rest hd. I have 2" blazers on my fmj's and the vanes hit the rest. they hit regardless if odd vane is up or down, shoots better with them down. My question is, is the timing off on the when the launcher drops, or is the rest too high? if the timing is off, how can i correct that by shortening or lengthening the timing cord?

thanks all for the help in advance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
first check the timing of your cams, center shot and your knocking point. If all are good your gonna want your drop away rope tied in atleast half way down your grip and also when you draw back you want the drow away to come all the way up about 1 and inch to a 1/2 inch before your at full draw. if all is good you should have no problems to check if you still getting contact put some baby power on your launch and shoot youll be able to see if there contact. goodluck with your rest

· Registered
55,434 Posts
More than likely the timing of the rest it isn't dropping fast enough. Could also be your nock point is too low. DON'T shorten the cord it will make it worse. The longer it takes for it to come up the faster it drops out. Just the opposite your thinking.:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.