Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im having a tough time with the aae max vanes with flex fletch flex bond solvent base glue but it works awesome on everything else

I have some Saunders npv arrow mate cement coming and heard solvent base glues react better with lacquer thinner than denatured or

actone and i do ajax with hot water for shafts little sand paper actone vanes then bitzburger jig 15 minutes 48 hour sit and they pop right

Off...I do the same with blazers and I will break the shaft before the vane comes off.

Looking for people using the Saunders npv arrow mate cementh and what there doing.

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
i have been having alot of problems with flex fletch, when they become old they start leaching /breaking down no mater what you do they wont stick well, i have used an deportment of glues and solvents but in every case the glue stays on the shaft but it flakes off the vane. blazers stick great never had a problem, im calling lancaster today to see when they r getting a fresh shipment and try that

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have used Saunders NPV for years. Works great. I clean carbon shafts with paint thinner then wipe them again with alcohol. Depending on the vane, I might clean the base with alcohol too. You will have to check and see what AAE says about there vanes. Let the glue sit for at least 15 minutes (I do 30 if I have time) and you should be all set.

·
Registered
17,130 Posts
Call Flex Fletch & talk to them, I think you can even buy from them I have in the past. I have arrows with FF that are 3+ years old & not a problem, have even shot them through our practice butts at the range & not a 1 has come off. I clean the vanes base with MEK & I use FF bonding agent glue with loctite blue gel. These are X10 protours.
I only use the Saunders NPV arrow mate glue on feathers.

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
i called the company i bought them from the tec ? told me its most likly to do with the jig?
Call Flex Fletch & talk to them, I think you can even buy from them I have in the past. I have arrows with FF that are 3+ years old & not a problem, have even shot them through our practice butts at the range & not a 1 has come off. I clean the vanes base with MEK & I use FF bonding agent glue with loctite blue gel. These are X10 protours.
I only use the Saunders NPV arrow mate glue on feathers.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That's all I use. Scotch brite pad arrows and vanes,wipe with acetone and clean cloth,I use gun cleaning patches, glue vane and let sit for 10 min before removing from jig. Put spot of glue on front and back of vane, shoot next day. The only problem I had with vanes coming off were with flex fletch vanes.

·
Banned
1,299 Posts
thanks i called and they said to use this primer .
The ZING! Primer Pen uses a plunge-action to wet the fiber tip with just the right amount of primer for precision application of primer to the base of the vane or other plastic or rubber parts. There's no waste and no mess even if you forget to put the cap back on!

Zing! Primer is the fastest and strongest way to fletch your arrows. When used with ZING! Adhesive or other cyanoacrylate adhesives (super glue) this new primer speeds up the set and cure times and produces an incredible bond.
http://flex-fletch.ecrater.com/p/19388394/zing-vane-primer-pen?keywords=primer
i ordered some lets see how it works

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks i called and they said to use this primer .
The ZING! Primer Pen uses a plunge-action to wet the fiber tip with just the right amount of primer for precision application of primer to the base of the vane or other plastic or rubber parts. There's no waste and no mess even if you forget to put the cap back on!

Zing! Primer is the fastest and strongest way to fletch your arrows. When used with ZING! Adhesive or other cyanoacrylate adhesives (super glue) this new primer speeds up the set and cure times and produces an incredible bond.
http://flex-fletch.ecrater.com/p/19388394/zing-vane-primer-pen?keywords=primer
i ordered some lets see how it works
Yea I have zing primer and ive used zing hd glue its too good lol I ruined some arrows with that combo it was ripping the carbon off my gold tips it was crazy how good that is...with a solvent base glue primer is not need and its shelf life is great and super cheap im just getting annoyed with these aae max vanes... I know what I could do but want solvent glue to work with these vanes...with blazers I cant rip off with pilers ill try the Saunders npv and hope for better results..if not ill just get super glue again for the max vanes

·
Registered
17,130 Posts
Yes I also have been using Zing for a couple years on my ProTours & after the first time I fletched them & went to remove them & had carbon problems started to use wraps

saves wear on the carbon shafts, I would also stop using the AAE Max vanes & switch to Flex Fletch way better vane.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I also have been using Zing for a couple years on my ProTours & after the first time I fletched them & went to remove them & had carbon problems started to use wraps

saves wear on the carbon shafts, I would also stop using the AAE Max vanes & switch to Flex Fletch way better vane.
I love flex fletch vanes shot 360 for awhile loved them to much money tho wish I could keep up with it big fan of joe bell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts