Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
gorilla super glue

just tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago. shot the arrows through my block 4x4 and stayed intact.

i cannot pull the vanes off with pliers.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Bohning's Quantum XT is the best stuff around. It sets in just a few seconds and holds my Blazers TIGHT.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What is the best glue for carbon arrows with fusion vanes.
I'm using Loctite ultra gel in the black and blue bottle with rubber in it for impact resistance. Was recommended in another thread. Don't try and use Fletch-Tite Platinum, wouldn't stick for nothing.

·
Registered
11,379 Posts
I'm using Loctite ultra gel in the black and blue bottle with rubber in it for impact resistance. Was recommended in another thread. Don't try and use Fletch-Tite Platinum, wouldn't stick for nothing.
Fusions are not made to be fletched with a cement type glue.(fletch tite)

Any super glue type glue will work.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Been using the Loc-Tite brushon Super Glue ..

Attachments

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Same thing I use now with Blazers...I used Goat Tuff for years but I like the Loctite Ultra Gel better.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I used Bohning Platinum on Fusion vanes and it worked great.

Keep in mind if you ever want to re-fletch your arrows, using something like Gorrila Glue or the likes will make it difficult to get the vane off without damaging the arrow.

Platinum will work fine if you prep the arrow and give it time to cure.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I used Bohning Platinum on Fusion vanes and it worked great.

Keep in mind if you ever want to re-fletch your arrows, using something like Gorrila Glue or the likes will make it difficult to get the vane off without damaging the arrow.

Platinum will work fine if you prep the arrow and give it time to cure.
i understand you on that one. thing is, im sick of having to refletch my arrows. damn things were always peeling off from either hitting one another or goin through targets or just simply weak hold from the glue, and ive used many types. thought id try the gorilla super glue and let me tell ya, that **** WORKS. I honestly believe there aint nothing thats gona peel them suckers off unless its a razor blade of some sort.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am trying Goat and it thus far no complaints. I used that Steel Force and have had a few vanes fly off but that could be because a use a real light amount of glue on my vanes. We shall see. The SF has a good applicator though and Goat is kinda wonky.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I use Loc-tite ultra gel on my fussions and carbons. Absolutely no problems yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Loctite with the brush works great, goat tuff works better but to bad it doesn't have a brush

·
Registered
865 Posts
i just fletched my arrows tonight with the fusions. i always use gorilla super glue for all my fletchings. nothing is stronger or more durable. never once had a vane come off.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I wish I could put Gorrilla Impact Formula super glue in a Bohning Quantum XT bottle!!!!! NOBODY has a better bottle/applicator system than Quantum XT. But Quantum XT is a little too runny and dries a little slower than Gorrilla. I just haven't found a needle tip that fits the Gorrilla bottle good enough yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts