Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using the Gorilla super glue impact tough and it is an outstanding glue. Great on fletching and inserts also. Much cheaper than some of the glue from the fletching company. Anyone else using this glue?

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I use loc tite ultra control for inserts and easton quick bond for fletches

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've never fletched an arrow but I am about to start. I recently bought a jig (hasn't arrived yet) and have a bag of sample Vanetec HP vanes at home. Yesterday, I was at Home Depot and saw the Gorilla Glue display. I remembered that some people used it for fletching arrows so I bought a bottle.

I got home and decided to at least try it out. Remember, I have never fletched an arrow and have no jig.

So I grab an old, broken arrow and a pocket knife. I cut off one of the vanes with the knife. I didn't scrape any of the old glue off. I didn't use Ajax or acetone or solvent or soap or water to clean the shaft. I just sliced off the old vane, grabbed a vanetec, dropped some glue on it, and stuck it to the shaft.

10 minutes later, I couldn't pull the Vanetec off. ROFL...if it sticks this well with an unprepped shaft and no jig, I can't wait to see how it works when used properly!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Just went and checked.........I've got just the regular Gorilla Glue, probably have to go and get some. Normally I use Bohning Platinum Plus at $6.99.
The Gorilla Super Glue cheaper than that?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just went and checked.........I've got just the regular Gorilla Glue, probably have to go and get some. Normally I use Bohning Platinum Plus at $6.99.
The Gorilla Super Glue cheaper than that?
I got a bottle of the Gorilla Glue Super Glue Impact Tough at Home Depot for $5.95 last night.

The fact that I can get it at Home Depot, which I pass coming home from work, is a big plus for me since I don't live within 50 miles of an archery shop. No mail order needed!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I just started using this stuff myself and it works great. The other nice thing about it is to get tips or inserts out you just have to heat the shaft alittle bit and they come right out.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
gorilla super glue

have used gorilla for a couple of years. have tried just about all "fletching" adhesives. went back to super glues every time. never had an issue. heck, i even glue old/used blazers to my wifes favorite pen-she couldn't remove vanes. still refuses to use that pen. she wasn't amused-i thought it was hilarious.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Doesn't the gorilla glue foam up around the edges? Never tried it so I'm curious too know:darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
gorilla super glue-impact tough

the glue you might be thinking of is original gorilla glue which is activated by water?? the glue poobear mentioned is similar to "super glues"-just a tad bit more aggressive -if you will.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Man 6.99 and it works that well. I love the heck out of my goat tuff but its a little more $. I will def be tryin this out.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
I use it, great stuff. I just wish the bottle had a better nozzle... smaller would be nice.

I use a plastic Q-tip shaft to spread 3-4 drops of glue on the entire base, fletch, let sit a few seconds and on to the next one.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ive been using the Gorilla super glue impact tough and it is an outstanding glue. Great on fletching and inserts also. Much cheaper than some of the glue from the fletching company. Anyone else using this glue?
heck yea! i use it to fletch vanes. best glue i ever used. nothing beats it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was using bohning platinum with mixed results on blazers and wraps. I just switched over and fletched 2 dozen arrows using Goat tuff premium, works a lot better than the bohning stuff but its not cheap. i put an arrow through the side of my spiderweb target and pulled it all the way through with the fletching still in tact and sticking like crazy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts