Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using easton quick bond adhesive to fletch my easton axis and epic arrows . Everything was fine , then i got some easton fmj's and now my fletchings falling off
I do everyting the same ( cleaning aroows and fletching bases ) they seem fine then in a day or so i can pull them off with no problem. I'm using blazer vanes . Any suggestions on a better glue or a fix for my problem would be appreciated . Thanks .

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Here is a suggestion use search bar at top and type "fletching glue" and you will find numerous posts about this. Has been 5 this week alone already. Good research there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
whats wrong with plane old super glue? Its cheep and you will have to pull your vanes off with pliers or cut them off with a knife to get them off!

·
Registered
10,738 Posts
I switched to the loctite control gel a few weeks ago....

I have to pick more up. It lays a nice fine bead down and seems to hold really well on alum and carbon.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Fletch tite platinum, It doesnt craze up or get cloudy when it dries. The trick to fletching arrows is using a fletching tool that will put pressure on the vanes while its drying. The Arizone EZ fletch works great and the Bohning does too. Jo-jan works decently, but it takes a little work to get it set-up correctly so the vanes stick on correctly.

·
Design&Hunt
1,726 Posts
Gorilla Glue - impact formula - no complaints.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I scuff up the area to be fletched with a scotch brite pad. Really makes a difference.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Remember that superglues don't bond as well to aluminum as glues like FlexBond and FletchTite Platinum. Superglues are fine on carbon, just not as good on metals. Heck, it probably even says so on the bottle.

·
Archery Addict
9,206 Posts
Remember that superglues don't bond as well to aluminum as glues like FlexBond and FletchTite Platinum. Superglues are fine on carbon, just not as good on metals. Heck, it probably even says so on the bottle.
I agree here 100%. I only use Fletchtite Platinum on my aluminum shafts. For carbons, its Loctite Super Glue Control/Ultra Gel for me. No loose vanes, ever.

·
Registered
543 Posts
goat tuff

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Bob Smith Industries at Lancaster works great!!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Now, all you guys that are suggesting Glues...... is this on the Alum/FMJ shafts that the OP is refering to ?!?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts