Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
fletching glue

I used Bohning fletch tite for years as well but when I switched from aluminum shafts to carbon this year I had trouble getting them to stick. I never had any trouble with Fletchtite on aluminum as long as I cleaned the shafts with acetone. I now use AAE quick set gel and it works great on carbon. The only complaints if you can call them that are a.) there is almost zero room for error. It adheres so quickly you have to make sure everything is lined up because once you press them to shaft they're stuck. the upside is that you can fletch an arrow (I use a single jo0jan fletcher) in less than 5 minutes. b.) once they are stuck, they are STUCK. Its a pain in the backside getting the vanes off the shaft to make a change or fix a torn vane. There is NO pulling them off. The upside is that you don't have to worry about them comming off at the wrong time.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
fletching glue

I used Bohning fletch tite for years as well but when I switched from aluminum shafts to carbon this year I had trouble getting vanes to stick. I never had any trouble with Fletchtite on aluminum as long as I cleaned the shafts with acetone. I now use AAE quick set gel and it works great on carbon. The only complaints if you can call them that are a.) there is almost zero room for error. It adheres so quickly you have to make sure everything is lined up because once you press them to shaft they're stuck. the upside is that you can fletch an arrow (I use a single jo0jan fletcher) in less than 5 minutes. b.) once they are stuck, they are STUCK. Its a pain in the backside getting the vanes off the shaft to make a change or fix a torn vane. There is NO pulling them off. The upside is that you don't have to worry about them comming off at the wrong time. One thing I really like about it is that it takes just a drop spread over the vane base in a very thin film to glue the vanes on. More is not better with AAE Fast set gel.

P.S. Be real careful that you don't get any of this stuff on your fingers because what ever you touch will be stuck to you fingers. Its a good idea to keep some acetone or fingernail polich handy just in case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.