Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47,636 Posts
FT Platinum. It holds great and scrapes off WAY easier, and cleaner, than any super glues or gorilla glue. I hate refletching after people have used those! With FTP I just use an old, dull fillet knife and lightly scrape while turning the shaft slowly and it all comes off. A little 320 paper, very lightly, and a good soapy water wash with hot water and air drying finish it off. My feathers never fall off and refletching is as easy as it can be.

· Premium Member
8,864 Posts
One thought, the easier it comes off, the easier your fletch will fall off.

I use a lot of FTP myself, and rarely have problems with loose vanes, or vanes coming off unplanned. But it does require some work to get the shaft ready for refletching. I use 1500grit emory on mine, but it's still a hassel.

The Buff Tuff and similar finishes are the worst, and the only way to describe the process is "real careful". If you have a freezer, try putting your arrows in the freezer overnite, often they will pull off easily when they get real cold. ;)

· Registered
5,563 Posts
Saunders NPV is a fantastic glue and works really well, but because its not an instast glue it just takes longer to dry.

This has been my glue for vanes or feathers for many year.

· Registered
447 Posts
Fletching Glues

Try Steel Forces "Beyond Bond" glue & Accelerator along with the Vane Prep. You can literally fletch a whole arrow qicker than it takes normal fletch tite to dry one fletching.Really helpful on repairing a fletch in a pinch.

· Registered
4,056 Posts
First and formost you need to prep the shaft first! I have tried alot of expensive glues for fletching just because they cost more does not mean there better. I tried Loc tite ultra gel rubberized glue I got it at walmart for $2.88 it works very well and dries clear, The vane will never fall off its solid. there is no white residue, and its easy to remove when you want to strip it.

· Registered
170 Posts
Saunders NPV is a fantastic glue and works really well, but because its not an instast glue it just takes longer to dry.

This has been my glue for vanes or feathers for many year.
Me too NPV is great just give it the right temperature (room) and some time to cure great stuff works on a ton of stuff.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Loc-Tite Super Glue Gel . awsome stuff ..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.