Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about a cheap but very usable fletching jig. . . I am really considering the Arizona Easy Fletch but dont know if a conventional jig like a jojan or blitz is better??

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
For short vanes, like Fusions or Blazers, you can't beat the Bohning Blazer jig. They make a 3 deg. helical and now have a 1 degree too.

My Bitz's are now colecting dust.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Get a Bitzenberger.

It's the most accurate out there if you are careful and take time to make sure everything is set for the arrow you are fletching.

·
Registered
49,151 Posts
Bitz is more expensive but the very best you can buy-----in fact it will be the last jig you ever buy.;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Another vote for Bitzenberger :darkbeer:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can someone point me in the direction of these bitzs that you all buy is it just the single arrow fletcher ?????? and how much doe

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is a right helical jig and clamp should I get this or straight?

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
Bitzenberger:thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I own a Bitz, and a couple of others, they all install fletchings equally as well. Fletching is all about preparation and paying attention to waht you are doing, if you do you'll have great results no matter what jig you use. Unless you are an elite level archer fletching details will make very little difference in your shooting performance. Try shooting some arrows perfectly fletched, then shoot some with 1/4" chunks taken out...or with only two fletchings...very little difference at shorter ranges(<40yds).

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
If you will ever want to do feathers then get the helical. I like the helical better anyways because I think it helps control broadheads better and they look really good with a helical

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
is there anytime when I wouldn't want a helical or is that ok to do on my 3d arrows and my hunting arrows and my indoor arrows?

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
The Bitz is the Rolls Royce of jigs, and everybody that has them loves them.

BUT...

... if you want a great entry level jig that will do a great job look into a Grayling. It's basically a plastic Bitz. I've been using one for 4 years, and it's been great. About $30

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what helical would i want if im a right handed shooter

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
I use a right helical. It doesn't matter which one (left or right) but I think it's easier to find right helical feathers so that's what I got

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wait so if i get a helical jig i cant fletch just regular blazers and so forth i have to buy helical blazers and feathers?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts