Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to archery, and so far have managed to cut or lose several vanes off my arrows over the last few months and keep taking them to the local pro shop to get them refleched. I figure it would be more cost effective for me to refletch my own arrows. I like the regular blazers so I guess my question is would the Bohning jig suit my purposes best or is the extra cash for a Bitz worth it. Right now my vanes are just straight, but I'd like to be able to experiment with helicals and such as well as playing with different colour combinations.

Thanks all

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
No doubt that the Bitz is top of the line, but i've seen a lot of pretty fletching jobs done with a BPE or a Grayling fletcher for half the price. I would get one of these over the Bohning jig, because they will allow you to experiment with different offsets and whatnot. The Bohning is fixed, so it does the same thing everytime, and only does the 2" type fletching.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What sorta money would I be looking at for a BPE vs. a new bitz?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have an Arizona ez-fletch and they work great. I is a cheap and good tool to have. I just done a doz arrows for my sons girl friend for christmas plus I have done a lot of repair jobs as well.
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would go with a bohning myself. I just bought one and it sure seems to get the job done, at nearly a fifth the price.

Check out the bohning blazer fletcher versus the regular fletching jig. I bought the regular one and I now think I may want the blazer one. I guess it depends on what you want.

But definitely invest. You will find that it is fun and it saves money and time.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have the two Arizona E-Z fletchers (1* straight and 6* Helical) and they work, but I use my Bohing Helix Jig for blazers and it is great. I do not own the Bitz, but you rarely ever hear anything but good about them. They offer more versatility too. I do not fletch anything but 2" vanes so the Bohning Helix jig works for me. I will sell my E-Z fletchers for anyone who wants them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Bitz with the Zenith nock reciever upgrade. Bitz's are notorious for the sloppy reciever. That's the best out there right now, IMO. And it will last forever.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a bitz, a jo jan multi fletch and an arizona ez fletch. I almost always use the arizona. It is very simple, fast and accurate.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have three bitzenburgers i recently purchased a BPE PRO and for half the money it is does just as good. The differences is metal and plastic.I find myself using the BPE PRO more now then the bitz.

·
Registered
324 Posts
What sorta money would I be looking at for a BPE vs. a new bitz?
About half but you want the pro model. I am thinking the pro is around 45 i bought mine used.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts